Bonsai Talk Site Down?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Why not go all the way Vance and just say that buying a decent mallsai would be a qualifier for telling someone that they know nothing about bonsai. I mean keeping a tree alive for a year.. come on, many box stores will even give you another tree if you kill it a year later with a reciept. How much lower does the bar have to go to keep the antics of Will in the fold?

Not believeing what he is reading again...Al

What on earth makes you think any of the above had anything at all to do with Will Heath? Hey, you don't like Will's articles don't read them and most certainly don't comment on them.

You have been around long enough, even before Will came along, to remember some of the discussion/disagreements I have had with a few others over this issue. This even goes back to the Bonsai Forum Days; or do you choose to not remember?

It has even came to a point when I have suggested that someone show me theirs and I would show them mine that I received pages of nasty accusations from a few that are still around ---and still don't post pictures.

As to the year qualifier: I added that for the sake of some (and there have been some) that don't even own a bonsai. I didn't want someone saying that time doing bonsai was of no importance; I've heard that one too. These individuals have come on a site suggesting how some should grow their trees when they themselves don't have a single tree; and never have.

Before another embarrassing remark is spit out without thought, Will does have trees, quite a few trees, I have seen them, held them, and carried them; I have even helped work on them at times. You may not like Will, that's your problem, but you cannot say he has no trees and does not do bonsai. Sadly for Will some of you out there will not accept anything from him short of a masterpiece. Too bad others don't hold themselves to the same standard or anyone else save Will.

Last edited:

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Before another embarrassing remark is spit out without thought, Will does have trees, quite a few trees, I have seen them, held them, and carried them; I have even helped work on them at times. You may not like Will, that's your problem, but you cannot say he has no trees and does not do bonsai. Sadly for Will some of you out there will not accept anything from him short of a masterpiece. Too bad others don't hold themselves to the same standard or anyone else save Will.

I do notice that no one on this thread (or @ bT) has accused you of bad mouthing bonsaiTalk and/or its members/moderators/owners for suggesting the possibility of you being banned (presumably for no reason that you can recall).

You may recall something happening recently where a question was posed "who would sell out their members" ...and a few forums were called into question. That question/suggestion was no less inflammatory than your suggestion that maybe you were banned. I highly doubt anyone is going to leap to bT's defense in this libel case.

I'm glad you brought up holding people to standards. I wish more people did. Sometimes its not just people's trees others have a problem with.

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Harry......come back

OK, first of all lovely tree Harry, I love the gin and the overall movement.:D People are more fun to critique than bonsai at times. They are unique in their own way too but can present opposing arguments to engage.

Attachments

• bonsai 014.jpg
    bonsai 014.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 14

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Is this one of yours ?

Harry

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
you got me

That is a piece of bottonwood that was rescued from a fellow collecter's backyard. When he or she lost a tree they got flung in the air like a #3 wood and left to rot yards away from the launch site. I realize and have come to grips with the fact I will never be able to have rmj's or deadwood shimps. So I am making my own. They say the bonsai nuts have a bad name for such creations but to answer your question Harry, yes, it is mine.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
That is a piece of bottonwood that was rescued from a fellow collecter's backyard. When he or she lost a tree they got flung in the air like a #3 wood and left to rot yards away from the launch site. I realize and have come to grips with the fact I will never be able to have rmj's or deadwood shimps. So I am making my own. They say the bonsai nuts have a bad name for such creations but to answer your question Harry, yes, it is mine.

Good, go for it with some shimpaku, should make a nice tanuki.

Harry

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
OK, it's back to BT for me, all you jerks want to do is argue. A couple of us tried to hijack this thread and make something useful out of nothing but an ego war. Life's too short for this bullshit.

Harry

Top Bottom