Bonsai today index of articles.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anyone have a index of bonsai today articles? Looking for an easy way to lookup articles on certain subjects easily.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Mine is from 6-108 which I got from mcpesq817. Again, it is in excel format (that I prefer--easy to search) but can be easily transferred to word.

I meant to edit it and add 1-5 and 109 but never got to it.

I have issues 1-109!!! :)

Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sharing a trivia.

I just learned that Bonsai Today & Bonsai Focus merged on May-Jun 2007 issue (BT #109 and BF #86) thus the 109/86 in the covers. :)

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Mine is from 6-108 which I got from mcpesq817. Again, it is in excel format (that I prefer--easy to search) but can be easily transferred to word.

I meant to edit it and add 1-5 and 109 but never got to it.

I have issues 1-109!!! :)
I created that particular index, and thought it was on my site, but apparently I've taken it down somewhere along the way. I'll get it loaded back up this weekend.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A few years ago I put together a large index, I haven't touched it in about four years but it has 30 pages of index from as many different bonsai magazines (including Bonsai Today) that I used to own. I've given away my magazines and haven't updated the index but if you send me a PM or an email, I'll send you a copy.

Here is the blurb that I wrote as an intro to the index;

This table is over thirty pages long. It is not intended to be printed up. For the best use of this index, you need know how to manipulate a table in a “Word” document. For example, if you’re interested in a certain species, then you should alphabetize (sort) the category column and look under species. Categories include: Species, Styles, Styling, horticulture, History/Philosophy, Suiseki, Artist Profiles, Misc, Exhibitions/Competitions, Display, Accent Plants Trees in the wild, Collecting, Galleries, Pots, Reviews, Indexes and Masterpieces.

If there is a blank in a spot, that is because I don’t have that information available. If you have questions, suggestions or submissions, you can contact me at: jefferylahr@hotmail.com.

Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A few years ago I put together a large index, I haven't touched it in about four years but it has 30 pages of index from as many different bonsai magazines (including Bonsai Today) that I used to own. I've given away my magazines and haven't updated the index but if you send me a PM or an email, I'll send you a copy.

Here is the blurb that I wrote as an intro to the index;

This table is over thirty pages long. It is not intended to be printed up. For the best use of this index, you need know how to manipulate a table in a “Word” document. For example, if you’re interested in a certain species, then you should alphabetize (sort) the category column and look under species. Categories include: Species, Styles, Styling, horticulture, History/Philosophy, Suiseki, Artist Profiles, Misc, Exhibitions/Competitions, Display, Accent Plants Trees in the wild, Collecting, Galleries, Pots, Reviews, Indexes and Masterpieces.

If there is a blank in a spot, that is because I don’t have that information available. If you have questions, suggestions or submissions, you can contact me at: jefferylahr@hotmail.com.

I am interested. Email sent.

Thanks! :)

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I am interested. Email sent.

Thanks! :)

Jeff,

Got it. Thanks!!!

This is awesome. Do you mind if I copy this to Excel and play with it? Maybe separate each magazine into their own tab (with one tab as master list still).

If I update any of it...I will forward you the info (my copy).

Thanks again!

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dario,
I would be interested in your excel version.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jeff,

Got it. Thanks!!!

This is awesome. Do you mind if I copy this to Excel and play with it? Maybe separate each magazine into their own tab (with one tab as master list still).

If I update any of it...I will forward you the info (my copy).

Thanks again!

Of course, feel free to change it and distribute it.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks Jeff! :)

My weekend is booked but I'll try to work on it and send to anyone who is interested. Should be a quick one once I got to it.

red

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Dario, I would be interested in your excel version as well.

Thanks for converting this over to excel and thanks to you as well Jeff for putting this together.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks Jeff! :)

My weekend is booked but I'll try to work on it and send to anyone who is interested. Should be a quick one once I got to it.

Looks like it will take much longer than I anticipated.

After transferring it to Excel (took less than a minute). I decided to edit some cells to make it sort better. Then I decided to merge it with Brian's worksheet. Found some differences and conflicts and no longer straight forward so I decided to cross check it with my magazines (the BT portion at least) before releasing the new and updated version. I hope it will be better since I plan on making a complete version (1-109) building on what Jeff and Brian already did.

Hopefully, others can do the same for other publications that we can merge to this master workbook. :) If we all contribute this will be an easy task. Let me know if you want to volunteer. I'll start another thread for this. :)

Hope you understand the delay.

***It will be shared to anyone who is interested, just send me PM once it is ready (not now, I might forget later). Thank you.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The extent of my magazine collection is 3 issues of International Bonsai, so I cant be of much help, sorry.

Slow Learner

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Does anyone have a index of bonsai today articles? Looking for an easy way to lookup articles on certain subjects easily.

At one time someone or someone(s) created a master index that included all of the most popular US bonsai periodicals . I have a copy somewhere on CD. I will have to look for it. I think that it was this one.

Hawkins, Arch The Indices; Flagstaff, AZ: Bonsai Clubs International; 1992. The indexes to Bonsai (BCI), Bonsai Journal (ABS), Bonsai Today, International Bonsai, and World Tropical Bonsai Forum from their first issues through 1990. In print (458 pp.) or on computer diskette.

It is surely out of date but would be a big help to anyone trying to create and index. Does anyone else have a copy? I think that you had to send a check to cover the cost of shipping and the DC to either BCI or Arch Hawkins or to an Arizona bonsai club and then they mailed you a copy on CD.

Top Bottom