Bonsai Tree Vendors in the Denver Metro Area?

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am looking for a place to buy bonsai and pre-bonsai stock in Denver metro. Any suggestions, fellow Coloradans?

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am looking for a place to buy bonsai and pre-bonsai stock in Denver metro. Any suggestions, fellow Coloradans?

Have you been to Todd Schlafer’s garden? That is by far the best option in my opinion. He has much more than just Rocky Mountain yamadori also.

I believe Harold Sasaki has a garden called Colorado Bonsai and also sells trees but never been myself.

If you are a member of RMBS, there are several members who sell trees also.

To be honest the options are pretty limited given the size of the city and location relative to the Rockies, you’d think there would be more options.

I also always have a few pre-bonsai for sale.

Last edited:

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah, it does seem odd that there isn't more interest or at least knowledge of bonsai in the state. It could be that it's just such an outdoor oriented culture that no one feels the need. 🤷

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Have you been to Todd Schlafer’s garden? That is by far the best option in my opinion. He has much more than just Rocky Mountain yamadori also.

I believe Harold Sasaki has a garden called Colorado Bonsai and also sells trees but never been myself.

If you are a member of RMBS, there are several members who sell trees also.

To be honest the options are pretty limited given the size of the city and location relative to the Rockies, you’d think there would be more options.

I also always have a few pre-bonsai for sale.
I will check Todd Schalfer's garden. In general, I am looking for a place for affordable pre-bonsai stock and supplies, kind of like the Bonsai Nursery was, which I believe closed during the pandemic (but I might be wrong). For yamadori, I would prefer to do my own expedition--the mountains are right there and it is so much more fun!

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Yeah, it does seem odd that there isn't more interest or at least knowledge of bonsai in the state. It could be that it's just such an outdoor oriented culture that no one feels the need. 🤷
You are right, and yet, the bonsai exhibit at the Denver Botanic Gardens always has a lot of people looking at the trees. Go figure

Top Bottom