Bonsai Treehouses

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The lead character designer for the animated show, Bob's Burgers, created these amazing greenhouses within bonsai trees. Sadly, it seems he died recently in a skydiving accident a couple months ago. Talented guy...

dave-creek-bonsai-treehouses-7.jpg
dave-creek-bonsai-treehouses-6.jpg

The trees alone look to be what we'd consider high quality. I just wonder how he'd prevent the houses from rotting if out in the elements. Amazing.

There are more photos of his creations here:

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I did not yet read the link....but are they alive?
The pots look to filled with epoxy.
I believe you may be right. I didn't notice that. The article doesn't explain this. Perhaps this answers my question about the treehouses rotting out in the elements. It may be that the trees are dead and these are simply sculptures intended for indoors. Pretty amazing nonetheless.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
His Instagram account gives some of the details of the process. He started with trees that were already dead. I don't think he ever grew any himself. He preserved the wood and filled the pot with resin prior to starting the builds.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think I'm most impressed by the architecture. The detail shots in the article show he actually put it together as if it was being built full scale.
I imagine he also worked some special effects miniatures jobs somewhere in his career.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This are nice! There are a few channels in YouTube of builders that do this, there is one Japanese guy (which I don't remember the channel right now) that does them for video games. Very intricate buildings. Search for diorama channels, they are as addictive to watch as bonsai trees.

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
His Instagram account gives some of the details of the process. He started with trees that were already dead. I don't think he ever grew any himself. He preserved the wood and filled the pot with resin prior to starting the builds.
Thanks for the clarification. His attention to detail is unbelievable.

Top Bottom