Bonsai trees on Cobra Kai

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Woah woah ey woah woah don’t you dare talk shit on Twilight … hahaha jk
Vampires were never meant to be all sparkly and friendly and pretty. Worst thing that ever happened to the legend... Vampires are not your pals...😁 😁

Ininaatigoons

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I am all about Cobra Kai! But I was a teenager when the fist one came out. Plus! Action action action oh ugly trees action!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vampires were never meant to be all sparkly and friendly and pretty. Worst thing that ever happened to the legend... Vampires are not your pals...😁 😁
For the few of you who have actually read this 1897 classic work, it was more than all the movies and books written since. Forever burned into my mind is the description of Dracula scaling the wall of his castle in the dark of night.

Ininaatigoons

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Was that the last Fast and the furious that had a blip of awesome trees in the background?

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I stopped watching Cobra Kai two seasons ago. It had taken the "Everybody was Kung Fu fighting" thing too far. What had been a decent series--particularly with William Zabka and Ralph Macchio's performances and others, kind of got bogged down in teenage dumbassery.
To be fair, this last season focused more on the adults karate fighting each other and slightly less of the teens doing it. I thought it was a good season, but that's just me.

Emanon

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I don't think they're using Roy Nagatoshi's trees this time around.
Maybe not. But, even if they aren't his, they still use trees as props on the show that are pretty good (at least to this beginner's eye). I mean I'd take them if nobody else wanted them. Here's an example from Season 2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 5.19.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 5.19.52 PM.png
    409.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 5.18.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 5.18.23 PM.png
    432.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 5.18.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 5.18.51 PM.png
    394.8 KB · Views: 48

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The bonsai in Dune seemed ok, they were in the background, so it was hard to really tell.
I saw Dune on the big screen more than once and was probably paying more attention to the trees than whatever else was happening in those scenes on Caladan. They were legit nice trees.

Bless the Bonsai Maker and his watering can.
Bless the coming and going of his pruners.
May his passing water the trees.
May he keep the trees for his people.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Watched the last episode of the current season today. Finished with a surprise I wasn't expecting and should indicate a new season.
As stated before, there is a lot of dumb teen assery, but I have loved watching the adults grow, develop and change and breaking adversarial relationships and forming bonds. Even the similarities in the dumb assery of the so called adults and the teens seem to mellow.

Leprous Garden

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
For the few of you who have actually read this 1897 classic work, it was more than all the movies and books written since. Forever burned into my mind is the description of Dracula scaling the wall of his castle in the dark of night.
The first half is legit and cool and creepy. The second half is pathetic from a story-telking point of view, it's like 100+ pages of patronizing the one female character while circling back around all the same plot recaps over and over and over. I'll take Buffy over that part any day.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I am more cringe at the cheap glazed pots that they are in, at least put them in proper unglazed pots.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Most of the things thrown around I have never heard about.
Watching the 15sec clip above made me realize why I do not.

Top Bottom