bonsai turn table

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
OMG...please tell me that's not a propane grill in the background. I thought you southern boys knew BBQ.
Charcoal is overrated. Propane grill + a smoker box filled with wood chips gets the job done just fine. Give it a little while to heat the smoker box to temperature before putting the meat on the grill.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have several turntables that are made for ceramics art and sculpting. My smallest is 8 inches and larger up to 14 inches. I also have 2 heavy duty sculpting turntables with folding legs that are very heavy duty. Any ceramic supplies shop, online or brick and mortar will have these. Used ones come up frequently as well. All my turntables have steel bearings. Logically, the more you spend the better the wheel. (hopefully)

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Shimpo turntables that Sorce shows are my favorites. I have 3 in different sizes.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
image.jpg

That’s my work table set up. The base is a barber chair pedestal, with a 24 inch round laminated table top. And the little Shohin turn table clamps onto the table top. It’s 8 inches.

Perfect.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Only had to buy one. Others are from studio clean outs.
That’s my work table set up. The base is a barber chair pedestal, with a 24 inch round laminated table top. And the little Shohin turn table clamps onto the table top. It’s 8 inches.
No question that your set up is a Cadillac and you are very lucky to have such a contraption. Anyone with the space would love it.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Only had to buy one. Others are from studio clean outs.

No question that your set up is a Cadillac and you are very lucky to have such a contraption. Anyone with the space would love it.
I bought my barber chair at Habitat for Humanity for $20. The office chair was left behind by a tenant from one of my rental houses! I had to buy the table top from Lowe’s for $40, including the screws.

The most expensive part was the little Shohin table, I bought from Bill Valavanis for $100 or so.

Hardly “Cadillac”! Lol!!!

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
@Adair M And @choppychoppy what size table tops do you guys have? Would you have rather went with a different size?

They are 2ft premade round tops from home depot. They are the perfect size for me. If doing a small tree I can set a standard black turntable top on one side to get it closer to me. Plus I also have a bunch or little 'risers' made that can be strapped down to get everything to any height no matter what size the tree is 4" or 4'.

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
P_20191226_181413.jpg

So this is my main spot, the covered table is an old office chair so it spins with tools and such. I usually have my tools nicely laid out on it but I had everything packed up a few weeks ago for a bonsai trip. The other end is the relaxing side another barber chair work table and the two couches and tv. Gotta have a spot for my Frenchie to hang out ;)

Top Bottom