Bonsai Vacation

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now this is a cool concept. I had to share this with everyone.

Most of us can't or won't take a vacation with our bonsai in tow. But what if you could vacation on an island....scratch that...a beautiful island with lots of sand, sun, and surf and sleep in a secluded cottage surrounded by a garden full of bonsai?
This link is that kind of place: http://www.hanaleivalley.kauaistyle.com/
Now if only I could convince my wife to spend some money on a vacation to Hawaii.:D One day...One day..........

treebeard55

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Love it!! :) Persuading my wife would be easy; it's scrounging up the money that would be the hurdle right now.

And that parking sign is great!

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see a big problem with that vacation, you have to come back at some point ;)

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One thing I was surprised to see, but really I shouldn't have been, was that they were growing Japanese Black Pines in Hawaii. I guess I've always associated that island with tropical, tropical, tropical! I should have known better though since I know of people that grow JBP's all the way down in Miami; which can be USDA Zone 10 or 11.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Warmer thoughts

I see a big problem with that vacation, you have to come back at some point ;)

This place is fabulous...and especially fabulous as I sit in the house while it is 9 degrees F outside with a windchill below zero.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Be sure you read the fine print. You don't want to be responsible for the bonsai while you're there.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
That's Lance Laney's place-you're sure to have a fantasic time.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
One thing I was surprised to see, but really I shouldn't have been, was that they were growing Japanese Black Pines in Hawaii. I guess I've always associated that island with tropical, tropical, tropical! I should have known better though since I know of people that grow JBP's all the way down in Miami; which can be USDA Zone 10 or 11.
With every climate zone but 2 on this island it's not all tropical. JBP growing all over here at 4Kfeet.
38F this morning, 49F inside the house!

Top Bottom