BonsaiNut 3.0

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
nailed it. that is the same issue. whenever the thread pops a new page i no longer get notifications. just confirmed it on the most recent de thread

EDIT: Now after visiting the thread I am getting notificationsa again

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Bonsai Nut Thanks for all your work! I spend more time at this site than anywhere on the web.

I use the site by checking my ALERTS, and then scanning the new posts in WHAT's NEW. Its a bit annoying that, after viewing those first 10, I need to click on VIEW MORE.. and then have to count down past the posts I've already seen. I have taken to NOT even looking at the first 10, but going right to the VIEW MORE... Maybe, the VIEW MORE... click could take us to post 11?
Not complaining here, just putting it out for your info.
CW

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Bonsai Nut Thanks for all your work! I spend more time at this site than anywhere on the web.

I use the site by checking my ALERTS, and then scanning the new posts in WHAT's NEW. Its a bit annoying that, after viewing those first 10, I need to click on VIEW MORE.. and then have to count down past the posts I've already seen. I have taken to NOT even looking at the first 10, but going right to the VIEW MORE... Maybe, the VIEW MORE... click could take us to post 11?
Not complaining here, just putting it out for your info.
CW

Everyone surfs the site a little differently. You are getting the truncated "new posts" list (limited to ten) because you are first going to "What's New" - which includes what's new on the ENTIRE site (gallery, articles, etc). If you are most interested in New Posts (only) try surfing the site by clicking on the new posts links. They are the first option under the Forums or What's New tabs (in the drop down menu) or the first option if you start on the forums page. Or for that matter, it is the content in the center column of the Home Page, and you can just click "view more" if you want a longer list.

/EDIT I think I misunderstood you. You are pointing out that the "view more" starts at post #1 instead of post #11.... so you are seeing the same content twice.

Last edited:

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
/EDIT I think I misunderstood you. You are pointing out that the "view more" starts at post #1 instead of post #11.... so you are seeing the same content twice
Yes, exactly, but your first suggestions work as well.
Thanks.
CW

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Just wondering, I still am not getting alerts for all of the threads I'm watching. I'll go to "what's new" and see posts on threads I watch, but didn't receive an alert. Is it just me?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just wondering, I still am not getting alerts for all of the threads I'm watching. I'll go to "what's new" and see posts on threads I watch, but didn't receive an alert. Is it just me?
'What's new' is a generic list of posts that have occurred over a recent period of time - posts you have read may appear in this list. IOW, you may have already read the posts to a thread for which you get alerts. You didn't get an alert because you read those posts on your last visit.

To have things work as you are expecting, go to 'new posts' and as you are leaving, 'mark all posts read'.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
'What's new' is a generic list of posts that have occurred over a recent period of time - posts you have read may appear in this list. IOW, you may have already read the posts to a thread for which you get alerts. You didn't get an alert because you read those posts on your last visit.

To have things work as you are expecting, go to 'new posts' and as you are leaving, 'mark all posts read'.
OK, thanks. I should have said, when I look at "new posts". But it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
OK, thanks. I should have said, when I look at "new posts". But it's not a big deal.
Sorry,
I was thinking I might be of help, but in fact, I'm just being a Mr. Knowitall butting in. ?
I've never had such a problem, myself - alerts behave as expected in all versions of the Nut.

.... butting out now.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Anybody click on one of the "random photos" that appear at the top of the screen? If your already logged on, but then it tell's you to log on again? Pretty sure it's on my end because it's happened on some other site I frequent, and it's happened randomly here. Weird. And I'll admit.......

computer.gif

......I'm no computer guru. But I did pay a bundle for this one, so I'll stay chill!!!:mad::D:D:D:D:D:D

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Just noticed the "attach files" in conversations. So much easier than having to add to your media, ect. . Much appreciated!

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
@Bonsai Nut im not sure if it’s just me, but often my photos load to about this point and stop. Maybe it’s just my iPad? It will load when I open it in its own tab, and usually the first image doesn’t load, the next one will, but when I go back to the one that didn’t load, it still won’t load. Thanks.
2E6A20DB-F4FA-4138-816C-580E56E19DC0.png

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@Bonsai Nut
Hi if you need any help designing custom dope ass forum icons instead of the talk bubbles ( you used to have the maple leaves)
Let me know !

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Anybody click on one of the "random photos" that appear at the top of the screen? If your already logged on, but then it tell's you to log on again? Pretty sure it's on my end because it's happened on some other site I frequent, and it's happened randomly here. Weird. And I'll admit.......

View attachment 177578

......I'm no computer guru. But I did pay a bundle for this one, so I'll stay chill!!!:mad::D:D:D:D:D:D

Could be your cookie settings
What browser do you use?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Did I see a post the other day about how to edit your thread titles? Can't find it now...

Top Bottom