BonsaiNut 3.0

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well done genius! I like the fresh new look. I need to wander around to find things yet....but I have that with anything new and moved ahead. I’ll do just fine once familiar again. Thanks for putting in the hours, days and weeks to make it all happen.

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
All the heavy lifting on the site upgrade is over. Now I just have to make the site look pretty again :)

A lot of the functionality of the site has been upgraded/improved. It will take some getting used to - even for me :) Give me a few days and we'll have things looking like normal again.
. . . always appreciate the work you do - thanks for keeping b-nut up to date and secure!

Reaction score
Thank you. It looks nice and knowing you things will be even improved.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a

Last edited:

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
NM... my post aint working right

But nice refreshing new look!:)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
At this point everything should be working. The formatting still needs some tweaking - the colors don't quite contrast enough for me. Everything looks green on green :) Additionally I need to work on custom icons to give the site a more personal look.

I will also look into the emoji question :)

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
At this point everything should be working. The formatting still needs some tweaking - the colors don't quite contrast enough for me. Everything looks green on green :) Additionally I need to work on custom icons to give the site a more personal look.

I will also look into the emoji question :)

BN - I really like the new look! As you’re poking around though, can you please look into the portrait/landscape issue? This is not new - it’s been like this for a while.

When I view the site in landscape on my iPad, the text box for the new post titles gets really narrow so the text wrap is one word or less. When I look at it in portrait, it looks like there’s a lot more room for text in the title box. This only happens on the home page, it appears. When I look at new posts, the text box looks big enough in both portait and landscape.

Portrait looks good:
9E9BBD45-D2C3-4054-BC64-DD29CE96CE58.png

Landscape doesn’t look good:
C2E611E7-74D5-4C3B-A2E6-614272707364.png

Scott

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
BN - I really like the new look! As you’re poking around though, can you please look into the portrait/landscape issue?

I am aware of this issue and it is one of the things that bugged me about BN2.0. I think I will be able to fix it now because of how they changed the underlying formatting structure.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
gp8WcX.jpg

:eek:

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I am aware of this issue and it is one of the things that bugged me about BN2.0. I think I will be able to fix it now because of how they changed the underlying formatting structure.

Appreciate you

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

I have fixed this temporarily, though I am not quite happy with the detailed formatting. What I really need to do is get the formatting nailed for wide "landscape" format, and then work on narrow "portrait" format before attempting a medium format. Right now medium format is broken so I just turned it off.

Top Bottom