BonsaiNut Appreciation Post

Scrogdor

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Just wanted to throw a quick shout out to the entire community here. I appreciate all the advice that so many of you have taken the time to give for free. Although it’s my first year in Bonsai and I don’t have much to offer now; I’m looking forward to the day that I can give back to the community here.

Seriously everyone here is awesome, thank you and cheers!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Agreed!..

The truth is, I'm somewhat of a real life "hermit"... I can go out and socialize just fine... But definitely don't NEED it. 🤣..I DO "need" my shell, though. SOLITUDE is very important to me.

Anyways... I've been told I am overwhelming to talk to/be around due to my excess energy levels and fast speech (once engaged).

I don't think a single one of YOU would mind or even be surprised, one bit, by this behavior.

Michael P

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have been a member since 2017, and have learned an incredible amount! The forum has greatly increased my skill and confidence. Interestingly, my only complaint when I first joined was that some posts seemed harsh and rude to me to the extent that severalother members commented on it. That has actually changed! The forum has become kinder and more polite while I've been here. Positive change like that is rare in individuals and even more so in groups. I admire all of you for it.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The forum has become kinder and more polite while I've been here. Positive change like that is rare in individuals and even more so in groups. I admire all of you for it.
I think a number of the less gentle members have left the forum. Too bad because some really brought good insights.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I think a number of the less gentle members have left the forum. Too bad because some really brought good insights.
I agree....

We NEEDED those members....

For balance!!!

Where the hell is @Forsoothe?

We still got some of the usual "grumps"... No names needed to be said...🤣🤣🤣

They just aren't as aggressive as in years past.

ChefB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Just wanted to throw a quick shout out to the entire community here. I appreciate all the advice that so many of you have taken the time to give for free. Although it’s my first year in Bonsai and I don’t have much to offer now; I’m looking forward to the day that I can give back to the community here.

Seriously everyone here is awesome, thank you and cheers!
I second this!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
knowing what it takes, a special thanks to the mods and admins.
One man show.
Aside from the folks managing the server he leases space on, and the developers of the software he uses, etc - all the proprietary infrastructure of the internet - to my knowledge it's just @Bonsai Nut. Otherwise, we self-monitor.

Makes it all that much more impressive.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I believe there are, or at least used to be, differing mods, 'mongst the users, sometimes, that are responsible for CERTAIN forums.

Sorce used to Mod the contests.. and, I believe one other, I forget which.

Sean from SA.. was mod/admin for a decent chunk, if I remember correctly.

I think that, now, the owner of the contest THREAD serves as mod, as Kanorin was able to change my post name in the contest HE is hosting....

And the top of MY phone window looks like this...Screenshot_20230115-134834.png

But it doesn't MEAN anything outside the "Small Groups/Bonsai Clubs/societies" Forum!
🤣🤣🤣
(I'd obviously be WILLING to take some responsibility... But only have a phone that connects to the internet.. so could be problematic)

😁

All that said.... @Bonsai Nut STILL does everything!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
One man show.
Do multiple personalities count?

The mods we have currently are the contest mods. If you create your own contest and get it approved, you get to moderate the contest forum. To be honest, I had to do it because it is too much work to manage all the contests.
:)

Top Bottom