Bonsainut Hall of Famers

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If we are being honest also. The actual list for “hall of fame” goes far beyond a few good threads and a few good trees. It goes far beyond quality scientific and horticultural advice. Far beyond design acumen. It’s a combination of these factors and so many others through consistency and quality. A list that would be short and one I surely would not be on.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
When I first came here, there were several who were really helpful some of whom are gone, and some who just don't visit much. Jim of course was here for a long time and is missed. @grouper52 I miss his trees, and his poetic soul. @Leo in N E Illinois always takes the time to provide great horticultural info. @Brian Van Fleet has been great along the way to me as well. @MACH5 is a good friend and inspiration! @Smoke always up for telling it like it is, and showing how to go about doing it. @rockm just cuz. @Don Blackmond a source for some of the best material I've ever seen and had the privilege of working. @Dav4 lots of good threads, and always a good time, lol... @Victrinia Ensor and Eric (can't find the name Angelfire in the names anymore) for a wonderful point of view different, but yet much the same in some ways. @Adair M if you just listen you can learn a lot from him.

@Bonsai Nut or none of us would be here.

@ all the members that post something new and different to continue discussions and open all our eyes to something that makes our brain think.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Acumen. There it is again.
When I first came here, there were several who were really helpful some of whom are gone, and some who just don't visit much. Jim of course was here for a long time and is missed. @grouper52 I miss his trees, and his poetic soul. @Leo in N E Illinois always takes the time to provide great horticultural info. @Brian Van Fleet has been great along the way to me as well. @MACH5 is a good friend and inspiration! @Smoke always up for telling it like it is, and showing how to go about doing it. @rockm just cuz. @Don Blackmond a source for some of the best material I've ever seen and had the privilege of working. @Dav4 lots of good threads, and always a good time, lol... @Victrinia Ensor and Eric (can't find the name Angelfire in the names anymore) for a wonderful point of view different, but yet much the same in some ways. @Adair M if you just listen you can learn a lot from him.

@ all the members that post something new and different to continue discussions and open all our eyes to something that makes our brain think.

Victrinia...yes. Her old threads made me cock my head like a fascinated and slightly confused dog. Fan.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

"@rockm just cuz"

that makes me laugh out loud😆

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here’s my honest take also. A lot of these guys I have listed do not post near as much as they used to. There are far more threads now then there were in the past, of incredibly young and unrefined trees. I think this in itself makes some of my stuff stand out. Not because my work is phenomenal or overly noteworthy, but it looks slightly better than what else is posted. If a lot of the people I tagged posted as much as they used to, a lot of my work would be a bit more rudimentary. I don’t say this as a slight to anyone on here personally or even myself. I say this because if we want to continue seeing this site being a place that produces quality imagery and progressions, it is income not upon those posting the most to really put their best foot forward to produce the best work that is capable. It is a challenge of sorts, personally and broadly, to carry the BNUT torch. My work is ok, in some cases good, but dam I’m trying as hard as I can to make it better and better.
I think you're selling yourself short. You're working with a lot of species (and pretty cool examples of those species) that aren't exactly common and that's groundbreaking.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think you're selling yourself short. You're working with a lot of species (and pretty cool examples of those species) that aren't exactly common and that's groundbreaking.
Thanks Rock. I appreciate that. Just trying to do you all justice. You guys have built and been part of a pretty badass community for a long time and I could only hope to have the knowledge you all have at some point.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Davidlpf progressions and questions don’t fail to bring some interest, curiosity, or honestly enlightenment.

David is perhaps not a legend, tho a BN diamond among. Show up, drop mic, vanish, repeat.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I agree with all those previously named. There is such a treasure trove of experience and awesome examples of what can be done here. And the fact that the "hall of famers" are so generous with their experience and advice is a testament of how great this place is. @Leo in N E Illinois has been a great help to me since my first year here. He lives far north of me, but understands my climate and has been very generous with his advice. I have picked up lots of helpful tidbits of information from many here, so I thank you all. I do have to mention @GrimLore, who was very helpful to me when I first started here and such fun to talk to, I miss him...

Top Bottom