Bonsaistore.co in Canada selling Walter Pall trees?

Palltergeist

Seedling
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finding vendors in Canada is not easy. I just came across this website

Looks like they're selling @Walter Pall 's trees, or at least they must have some kind of affiliation with him -- I keep getting adds on Facebook with Walter's trees.

Looks like they also have trees from Omiya and @William N. Valavanis ?

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey guys,

Finding vendors in Canada is not easy. I just came across this website

Looks like they're selling @Walter Pall 's trees, or at least they must have some kind of affiliation with him -- I keep getting adds on Facebook with Walter's trees.

Looks like they also have trees from Omiya and @William N. Valavanis ?
It's far more likely that they're just shamelessly stealing pictures of his trees without his knowledge to deceptively sell their goods.

Be very skeptical.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This site is at best confusing, at worst misleading. The prices on those trees seem to be for seed, others have "mature" "baby" and other stuff. THere also seem to be some rough stock. From what I clicked through, I didn't see ANY of the photographed trees on the home pagethat were actually being sold. I'd be very VERY cautious about ordering from them. Ask what is being sold. I also think the photos have been taken from other sites...May be wrong, I hope so.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Talk about a site designed to sucker people! Wow. Most of what they are selling are saplings/seedlings.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I do not want to waste money, but I would be curious to see how they ship living plants to Germany

1630353525492.png

Palltergeist

Seedling
Reaction score
These people steal photographs and sell idiotic bonsai seed or junk seedlings. They, however, have a professionally designed internet presence to fool buyers..

Thank you for clarifying! So they stole pictures form you?

They told me they sell a lot of young material, but they also have mature specimens (about $800-1000) that look exactly like yours. They're too far for me to go see in person

Drewski

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Have a look at Canada Bonsai. I’ve bought some young material from him, and have been very happy with it. He shows pictures of the actual plants you are buying. Unfortunately, he’s sold out at the moment and you will have to wait until next Spring. It’s a good idea to register for his email list, so you get notification of when the new material comes in. When the sale starts, things start disappearing quickly.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably that dude who's ass got crawled into a few years back.

Sorce

Adman50

Seed
Reaction score
It's far more likely that they're just shamelessly stealing pictures of his trees without his knowledge to deceptively sell their goods.

Be very skeptical.
Actually, the pictures used are legally bought from Stock picture website. They are used as a representation of what a well-cared specimen of that species can become.

Adman50

Seed
Reaction score
These people steal photographs and sell idiotic bonsai seed or junk seedlings. They, however, have a professionally designed internet presence to fool buyers..
Hi Walter, thank you for acknowledging and commenting on these posts. The photos of your exquisite trees are actually for sale on sites like IStock and ShutterStock with commercial publication licensing.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Actually, the pictures used are legally bought from Stock picture website. They are used as a representation of what a well-cared specimen of that species can become.
It's not a copyright issue, bro. It's a fraud issue. These people are scummy scammers. Are you one of them?

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hi Walter, thank you for acknowledging and commenting on these posts. The photos of your exquisite trees are actually for sale on sites like IStock and ShutterStock with commercial publication licensing.
LOL WHAT! Walter's OWN PHOTOS are for sale? Probably news to him. Get lost, scammer.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
If the photos weren’t previously copyrighted, perhaps someone harvested them and copyrighted them without his permission. Stupid stuff can happen with images that you think you own on the web.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
…also what’s with the weird timing bringing this thread up after a year?

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If the photos weren’t previously copyrighted, perhaps someone harvested them and copyrighted them without his permission. Stupid stuff can happen with images that you think you own on the web.
That's not how it works. All creative works are automatically copyrighted from the moment of their creation.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
…also what’s with the weird timing bringing this thread up after a year?
The head scammer of that site probably Googled the site name, noticed that this unflattering thread is on the first page of hits from Google, and created an account to try some damage control.

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
That's not how it works. All creative works are automatically copyrighted from the moment of their creation.
Thanks for the clarification. So @Walter Pall could use a DMCA Notice and have those photos removed if my quick bit of research is not mistaken?

Top Bottom