Bonsaitalk

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I would like to hug the person that invented the little, what ever ya call it, that zips baggies together and string up the person that invented Saran wrap.

Harry

As to moving the spider web. It seems to me it would be far easier to move the spider to the desired location understanding she could probably build a new web faster than you could reattach the old one.

As to those inventors that should be shot for the most annoying inventions: Here is my favorite that becomes particularly annoying this time of year for those of us who have grandchildren. Those armoured plastic card things that small items are packaged in, like small electrical thing-a-ma-jigs, and the like. You cannot pry them open, pick them open cut them with kitchen scissors. You need special tools or tin snips with extra long handles for the leverage. God help you if you try a knife; you are more likely to open a vein than that the mutha-#$%^%$ plastic sarcophagus.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
As to moving the spider web. It seems to me it would be far easier to move the spider to the desired location understanding she could probably build a new web faster than you could reattach the old one.

As to those inventors that should be shot for the most annoying inventions: Here is my favorite that becomes particularly annoying this time of year for those of us who have grandchildren. Those armoured plastic card things that small items are packaged in, like small electrical thing-a-ma-jigs, and the like. You cannot pry them open, pick them open cut them with kitchen scissors. You need special tools or tin snips with extra long handles for the leverage. God help you if you try a knife; you are more likely to open a vein than that the mutha-#$%^%$ plastic sarcophagus.

I agree, however I did see a tool you can buy that supposedly will open those things, I use tin snips.

Harry

http://www.pyranna.com/

Last edited:

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Who invented that plastic?
Irene

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
NASA, to protect the shuttle during re-entry.
Harry

JSKII

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
We bought a device that is supposed to cut open those type of packages with ease. Guess what type of package it came in? The same crap that the device was made for cutting. Go figure:mad:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
hmmmmm

I guess I've had more experience with some types of tools than others have. A simple "box cutter" utility knife works very well. Why folks think they need to cut the edges instead of a single layer around the item itself is beyond me. Even a sharp pocket knife will work but you just have to know how to control the knife and the force. That being said, I understand how girls might have a problem with it. That's why men are here. ;)

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Great idea Chris!!
Next time I need one opened you can drive or fly down to do it for me!
Irene

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
hmmmmm

I guess I've had more experience with some types of tools than others have. A simple "box cutter" utility knife works very well. Why folks think they need to cut the edges instead of a single layer around the item itself is beyond me. Even a sharp pocket knife will work but you just have to know how to control the knife and the force. That being said, I understand how girls might have a problem with it. That's why men are here. ;)

How do you return something in a wacked up container. I don't always keep everything I buy in those containers.

Harry

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
How do you return something in a wacked up container. I don't always keep everything I buy in those containers.

Harry

Oh I keep it all and if it needs to be returned I do the best I can to pack all that crap back in the bubble and apply copious amounts of packing tape to hold in place. I then proudly walk in to the retailer and present the mess at returns. If looks cold kill - but they always smile when I offer up my always carried snap blade knife to open up the mess to check contents.

Top Bottom