Bonzi spray..?

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Here is a link to an interesting product Bonzi

Talk about snakeoils! $600 per gallon? I bet.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Wonder if it really works? The company that I used to work for was developing a similar product intended for the golf industry. It was supposed to retard the growth of grass, cutting grass trimmings to maybe twice per summer. Don't know if it ever reached fruitation. Think of the possiblilities; but you are probably right, snakeoil.

John Lee

Reaction score
USDA Zone
3b
One can get pretty decent artifical lighting for that amount of money, with guaranteed results...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Check out Cambistat. It has the same active ingredient (at much higher dosage) and the site has much more information. From this site, it doesn't appear to reduce internodes as much as it slows the entire growth of the tree. I'm not sure I'd want this in a bonsai that I was developing. Additionally, once absorbed into the tree, it seems to stay for several years. Might be an interesting product to consider for a tree that was "finished" but I would not want to use it on a tree in development.

Growth Control
trees too close to houses
trees near pools, decks,patios and sidewalks
trees under powerlines
blocked scenic views
high maintenance trees

Health Benefits
construction injured trees
declining and older trees
trees stressed from drought
trees growing in limited rooting area
injury caused by disease or insects

Brent

Mame
Reaction score
Yes, these and similar products actually do work, but they are not developed for bonsai. I was involved in the early testing of a similar product called SuMagic. The internode shortening is phenomenal. They are mostly for perennials to control growth and flowering in hanging baskets, etc. Once the product wears off, the normal growth habit returns, so you can have long internodes following short ones, the reverse of what we want. Not much potential for bonsai in my opinion, that's why I tested it.

The price isn't actually that bad for a growth hormone. This is an agricultural product, and a gallon would be enough to treat thousands (if not tens of thousands) of plants.

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com
see our blog at http://BonsaiNurseryman.typepad.com

Drcuisine

Yamadori
Reaction score
Wonder if it really works? The company that I used to work for was developing a similar product intended for the golf industry. It was supposed to retard the growth of grass, cutting grass trimmings to maybe twice per summer. Don't know if it ever reached fruitation. Think of the possiblilities; but you are probably right, snakeoil.

John Lee
One atom said to his friend. I’m so depressed I lost an electron. His friend said “are you sure”? The atom replied “I’m positive”.

Top Bottom