Book ?

Nate77

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'm guessing there are books I should probably invest in , however I can't stand reading. I can deal with magazines not much out there in the way of those anymore.

99.9% of audio books I have attempted to listen to are just painful to listen to.
Are there any bonsai related that aren't dreadful to listen to?

I have been watching some YT videos , but most seem to fall somewhere in between beginner and novice.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
“Bonsai” by Peter Warren might fit what you need. It’s got a lot of good beginner info, but it’s presented with lots of colorful illustration such as you’d find in magazines. Great jumping off point for the hobby.

Bonsai by Peter Warren (1-Jul-2014) Hardcover
https://a.co/d/aivMXb6

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Bonsai Maples by Andrea Meriggioli. Lots of pictures

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm guessing there are books I should probably invest in , however I can't stand reading. I can deal with magazines not much out there in the way of those anymore.

99.9% of audio books I have attempted to listen to are just painful to listen to.
Are there any bonsai related that aren't dreadful to listen to?

I have been watching some YT videos , but most seem to fall somewhere in between beginner and novice.

If you cant bring yourself to read a book, but can do videos, maybe it would be a good idea for you to invest in a subscription to Bonsai Mirai (Ryan Neil) or Ensai En (Bjorn B_ cant spell his last name) classes instead of paying for books. They have tons of videos on file from beginner to more advanced topics.

D

Deleted member 32750

If you cant bring yourself to read a book, but can do videos, maybe it would be a good idea for you to invest in a subscription to Bonsai Mirai (Ryan Neil) or Ensai En (Bjorn B_ cant spell his last name) classes instead of paying for books. They have tons of videos on file from beginner to more advanced topics.

I agree with going with an online learning platform like mirai live or bonsai-u.
Im subscribed to both, and if i had to pick one to go with it would be Bonsai-U.

I find that Ryan Neil likes to speak in overly colorful language to try to present relatively simple concepts.
Bjorn is a fantastic instructor and is very effective at presenting the concepts.

Additionally, it seems much of the Mirai live content is on Pacific northwest natives that will not live in my climate, and aesthetically, I prefer Bjorn’s work to Ryan’s, but I think there is valuable information on both platforms

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
“Bonsai” by Peter Warren might fit what you need. It’s got a lot of good beginner info, but it’s presented with lots of colorful illustration such as you’d find in magazines. Great jumping off point for the hobby.

Bonsai by Peter Warren (1-Jul-2014) Hardcover
https://a.co/d/aivMXb6
Funnily enough I was just watching his youtube channel

Top Bottom