Books

PShelton88

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Can anyone give me good collecting books I can purchase online?

When, what type, etc.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
..like good books to collect, or ones on harvesting trees?
..if harvest is your thought, ytube channel Appalachian Bonsai changed my perspective and honed my carefulness and approach —goodness.

Not sure on harvest/collecting books. If you maybe search terms like ‘yamadori, collection or collecting here..you will likely find some very valuable info. Be careful tho, what’s great technique for one sp. may be the demise of another

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
..like good books to collect, or ones on harvesting trees?
..if harvest is your thought, ytube channel Appalachian Bonsai changed my perspective and honed my carefulness and approach —goodness.

Not sure on harvest/collecting books. If you maybe search terms like ‘yamadori, collection or collecting here..you will likely find some very valuable info. Be careful tho, what’s great technique for one sp. may be the demise of another
I like his videos, I wish he'd post more!

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like his videos, I wish he'd post more!

That cat is legit! He really demystified things for me, making things tangible and attainable, makes bonsai and the world a better place. Yea I said it!

I’ve heard some folks dissuade beginning with collecting. I highly disagree. Using best practices, collecting trees has been hugely beneficial to me on a multitude of levels.

I’m honing id skills, habitat variation and requirements , visualization of trees in natural settings, collecting abundant native trees in a sustainable way, & not spending anymore than time well spent.
Too, when I have learned from a dead tree, the dough dropped (my wife likes this too) is not part of the impact.

Top Bottom