boon maple dvd update? does it exist?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
has anyone seen what the tree he uses in the dvd looks like now?

I would love to see a pic of it.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I just emailed boon through his website. But I sent him a PM through facebook some time ago with no reply.

If anyone has a workshop at Boons place I would really apreciate a pic of the maple he uses in the DVD.

Paulkellum

Mame
Reaction score
Ill be back out there in oct classes are over with until then

I just emailed boon through his website. But I sent him a PM through facebook some time ago with no reply.

If anyone has a workshop at Boons place I would really apreciate a pic of the maple he uses in the DVD.

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Maybe I will if I can remember to do it. There are always so many things to look at and talk about when I'm there.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
thanks guys!!!

I have watched the DVD multiple times, and purchased a tree today. Hope I do well.
I will post some pics of the tree now.

The only wierd thing about his DVDs is that he prunes in autumn and not as buds swell...

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I don't have the maple DVD, I have the JBP series.

Is there any way to get a pic of the tree you're asking about? I've been there many times, maybe I can remember it if I've seen it.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thanks guys!!!

I have watched the DVD multiple times, and purchased a tree today. Hope I do well.
I will post some pics of the tree now.

The only wierd thing about his DVDs is that he prunes in autumn and not as buds swell...

Thats not weird. Thats when you prune maples.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I am completely lost then. Prune branches in autumn prune roots as buds swell?

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
He teaches that you have to let a tree grow before you cut it back. He doesn't teach people to pinch or prune in spring because it slows down the development of the tree and damages the health. You only pinch trees that are largely mature and established, and only then if they are growing strongly.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Adair, are you still at Boons? I would love an update!

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I was there all day yesterday. He may not even have the tree still. I haven't seen the DVD so I'm not sure. I'll see him again on Thursday, I'll try to remember to ask.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I've asked about it - he told me he didn't have the maple any longer.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
...or was it ......(wait for it)....foemina?
Silly Smoke! Everybody knows you don't graft foemina! You do foemina with a root cutting on a tile with screen wire on top! I thought everybody knew that! If you want to get fancy grow it in a patented Vance Wood Signiture planter filled to the rim with Calidama with a top dressing of turface soaked in humates. Extra credit for growing it in a basement under LED grow lights, wired with virgin tungsten wire and watered with reverse osmosis unicorn tears. Of course the only fertilizers used are 100% pure dried reindeer droppings from reindeer fed with organic New Zealand orchid moss.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Silly Smoke! Everybody knows you don't graft foemina! You do foemina with a root cutting on a tile with screen wire on top! I thought everybody knew that! If you want to get fancy grow it in a patented Vance Wood Signiture planter filled to the rim with Calidama with a top dressing of turface soaked in humates. Extra credit for growing it in a basement under LED grow lights, wired with virgin tungsten wire and watered with reverse osmosis unicorn tears. Of course the only fertilizers used are 100% pure dried reindeer droppings from reindeer fed with organic New Zealand orchid moss.
Did you get all that from Boone's Foemina DVD?

Top Bottom