Boon's New Japanese Maple DVD

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey, just wondering if anyone has purchased the new Boon Manakitivipart DVD on Japanese Maples, and if so what you think about it? I have never watched any of his DVD's myself but have heard good things about the ones he has focusing on Japanese black pines, so this one could seem promising too.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ordered the combo pack a couple of days ago - I can report back after they arrive.

I've got each of his other DVDs, and I think they are a tremendous resource. I was also fortunate enough to take a repotting workshop with him a few years ago, and will say that he is a really excellent teacher.

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks a lot, and yes please report back once you have watched it and let me know what you think. Thanks

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Same (great) quality as his jbp videos. I "intercepted" an early bday present and my wife said I could watch 'em already. I've only watched it once, and I was distracted while doing so, but its got a lot of information, ...and probably more that can be gleaned watching a few more times.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Same (great) quality as his jbp videos. I "intercepted" an early bday present and my wife said I could watch 'em already. I've only watched it once, and I was distracted while doing so, but its got a lot of information, ...and probably more that can be gleaned watching a few more times.

Mine arrived yesterday and I watched the styling japanese maples DVD. Lots of good tips in it. It's also nice that the bulk of the video shows Boon starting from scratch with two nursery JMs and shows the development over a year and a half, rather than concentrate on showing work on a specimen tree.

Concorde

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-9
I received both Japanese maple cds. I can only say they are excellent.

Top Bottom