Bougainvilla repotm

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Alright so I bought a hanging basket with 3 bougainvillea's in it there doing great but I need to separate them. When's the best time ? Should I wait until fall? Also I'm in Arkansas zone 7a I'm assuming they would need to come indoors like my brazilian rain trees ? I bought these back like 3 months ago.

Attachments

• 20220828_193921.jpg
    20220828_193921.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 20

RJG2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Most tropicals, and especially bougainvillea are best done in the heat of summer. It's always been when I do mine, and no issues.

You can probably get away with it now in zone 7, but it would be a bit (month) too late for me in zone 5.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You beat me as I was typing @RJG2 ! I was told to repot bougies in the hottest part of the summer and I have never lost one due to repotting. If it's hot there, I would say go for it. I just repotted a pixie bougie yesterday and I'm not worried about it. And yes, you will have to bring it in for the winter if you want it to live.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
See that's kinda what I thought but when I bought them its was in the 90's +didn't wanna stress them to much . But alright ill do it tommorw if you think they will be alright at night the lowest so far had been 65 any info about what they can tolerate would be awsome!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
but when I bought them its was in the 90's
That would have been a good time to do it. Most suggest to bring them in when night time lows are 50. Mine probably saw some 40's last year but they were up close to the house.

Top Bottom