Bougainvillea In Bloom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bougie2011_web.jpg

My lil' monster. :)

This was an engagment present from Daniel Robinson several years ago. It was a huge stump collected from Hawaii, with almost no branch structure. Everything you see is what we did to it. This is a project tree both the hubby and I have carved on, and trained. So it's a product of our mutual love of the art. Still has a long way to go, but I love it when it blooms.

Enjoy!

Victrinia

BougieBlooms_web.jpg

Reaction score
very nice, glad to see a flowering trop. doing so well that far north...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It gets overwintered in a heated professional grade greenhouse as soon as it cools off. Luckily I have one at work. :) and it is only fed Bougain. Which is awesomestuff.

Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Gorgeous! Very healthy and nicely styled tree. Great pot selection too; it compliments the flowers beautifully...very impressive Ms. Vic.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks Brian!! :)

Robin's egg blue is always a great choice for a deep purple bougie. That's an antique chinese pot that Daniel sold me... only the tree was a gift. lol

V

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Simply gorgeous, Vic! Thanks for posting that heart warmer. :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Brother...

Are you coming to the convention Sat?? I'm manning the table to sell our books. You don't need to be a participant to get into the vendor areas. So come hawk some books with me if you need some amusement. I am sure people would be enthused to meet the author. :)

See you and Z soon I hope... V

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brother...

Are you coming to the convention Sat?? I'm manning the table to sell our books. You don't need to be a participant to get into the vendor areas. So come hawk some books with me if you need some amusement. I am sure people would be enthused to meet the author. :)

See you and Z soon I hope... V

Z has to work, but I was planning on going Sat, so I'll see you there! :)

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Great tree. Not at all wild about the pot. Too "feminine" for the massive trunk. And it's blue.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, absolutely gorgeous tree! You need to get engaged more often :rolleyes:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a beautiful image. Just an extraordinary color. The pot doesn't bump me that much but it's not quite right somehow. Maybe it just needs a more masculine image to be right.

Now about that referance to "lil' monster"

Is this a crack to get even at my Lady Gaga reference last year? Don't get me wrong...I love her, and I think she is a brilliant 24 year old singer.

A little Gaga once and a while is a good thing:D

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
lol... Brother... I am appalled to learn that she's only 24. I thought she was at least 35.

I'll be damned. :p

A rectangle would possibly be nice for this also... but again, as with most things, in person viewing has an enhanced feel. I do love the antique chinese pot. :) Also, you can't get a sense of just how feminine and old looking she is with her sinuous curves when you look at her in full bloom/leaf. This girl's got a great figure. :D

Muah!

V

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful tree wish i could grow one here.No greenhouse:(

Top Bottom