Bougainvillea in transit

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I got this tree from one of my old friends a 18 months ago. Originally it's in the deep blue pot with very poor drainage (1st picture). I transplanted it in 5/25/08 to the ivory round pot. In 9/08, it had full of leaves. As today, it has full of bracts. I know it's not perfect yet, but it will get there.

Anyway, it has 3.5" diameter at trunk base, 15" height and 22" width.
Do you notice that it has 2 bract colors? The red bracts is in the 1st branch, and the lavender bracts is in the rest. I'm looking for the white bract bougie at this time for my next project.
Any suggestion is welcome. Bonhe

Attachments

• 5-08F.jpg
    5-08F.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 9-08.jpg
    9-08.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0783.jpg
    DSC_0783.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0782.jpg
    DSC_0782.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 139

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Beautiful colors!!! They carve very well also....
Irene

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for your kind comment Irene.
Bonhe

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score
Hi Bonhe! nice tree! I am not so crazy about the 2 colors though. Or maybe you should graft some more of the red branches onto other parts of the tree to mix it up a little more. I would love to see your other large bougie! Is it flowering yet?
Si

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Si. Good idea. I may graft few red branches in other part.

My other large bougie? It's bracting now. I plan to do carving on it this year and transplant. I will post its picture soon. Bonhe

head_cutter

Yamadori
Reaction score
I have to say nice tree!!! I forget now how it's done exactly but you can change the bloom color of many trees and plants by fert. additives. Old brain sorry.
Here most are 2-3 bloom colors on most bougs, white and lavender are the most common. Mine is a straight lavender for some reason but I've only been giving it a short shot of Orchid food once in a while. I would say that if you just messed around with a few different ferts. you may get what you want.

Bob

Top Bottom