bought diamond drill bit for future repotting custom pots

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
instead of spending on official bonsai pots (ill get some) i decided to buy a diamond drill bit for glass and ceramic with plan to use decorative bowls and whatnot as my pots. i wouldnt mind differentiating a bit and saving the $. anyone drill nice bowls or casserole dishes for their trees? im also going to roll a wagon out to front yard in future, chain safe to tree, and sell trees and flowers from my bougainvillea, silk, hibiscus, etc. for $5 or $10 a pop, and use drilled mason jars as pots for marketing purposes. hoping to make an extra $100 a week in future

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What hood street corner are you living on that is going to make this possible!?🤣
Just playing, but for real....

I been watching a lot of Covnovations lately.

Cheers!

Sorce

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
What hood street corner are you living on that is going to make this possible!?🤣
Just playing, but for real....

I been watching a lot of Covnovations lately.

Cheers!

Sorce

the dream is real lol i live on a pretty busy street yet have full privacy (no neighbors), a town known for farms, landscapes and flowers, 10 mins to the beach and other direction .5 miles to a university full of amazing trees ( https://www.umassd.edu/media/umassdartmouth/sustainability/pdfs/umassd_tree_field_guide.pdf ), and 2 miles to a mall, and fully fenced in backyard for my dog and whatnot... its weird because direction of mall and college are 'busy' but the other direction to ocean is all farm land and countryside, then big wave beaches. i dont have rentals around me from the college or any noise from that per se. a lot of people sell items like eggs, all my succulents and oak tree and red crabapple (the inspiration, got me for $10 a piece on way to beach or nursery), etc.

location location location

same road as me, where i got some succulents, 2 miles away, for an idea of area. theres a lot of this around me if it seems like i copied her idea. im just settling into or getting to this stage o fthinking
1596139449113.png

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
when in Rome - i made 3 cuts with the bit i got. .75" holes to my nice two white ceramic indoor houseplant pots and a smaller version of one of those as well.
ill test it on glass at some point but it cut through the ceramic with water, easily.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've poked a lot of holes (Sorce is gonna jump on that, but I'm gonna leave it) and I prefer the diamond hole saw to the bits. Look for them wherever they sell tile and tile setting tools. Use with a suction retainer ring to hold water and get the hole started.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I've poked a lot of holes (Sorce is gonna jump on that, but I'm gonna leave it) and I prefer the diamond hole saw to the bits. Look for them wherever they sell tile and tile setting tools. Use with a suction retainer ring to hold water and get the hole started.
Good to know, the bit work decent and was $9 to my door so ill exhaust that for awhile.

Ive poked a few holes in my day too btw

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good to know, the bit work decent and was $9 to my door so ill exhaust that for awhile.

Ive poked a few holes in my day too btw
I'm a retired tile contractor and in that line I actually used both. The bits for making holes in tile already installed, smaller for mounting brackets ect.and the hole saw for bigger holes in pieces to be installed like for a kitchen sink.

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I'm a retired tile contractor and in that line I actually used both. The bits for making holes in tile already installed, smaller for mounting brackets ect.and the hole saw for bigger holes in pieces to be installed like for a kitchen sink.

I wasnt being literal in my last sentence before haha but interesting and cool work!! Glad I got into drilling ceramic now. Pier 1 imports here i come

DBPooper

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone

You said, "hole." 3 times...hehehe.

Good job 👍...on the holes.

I'm pretty sure, "suction retainer ring" counts...

Points!!!

Top Bottom