Bougie loosing all leaves after repot

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have repotted my bougie about 2 weeks ago and it is currently loosing all its leaves one after the other.

I am pretty sure I didn't go too hard on the roots and it is in a well draining mix of pine bark, peat and perlite.

I know that bougies are usually pretty tough and weather here for the past 10 days has been cold for the season, anything special I should be doing for it or just wait and hope ?

thanks

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Normal. Especially if it is cool. Do NOT overwater. Keep it drier than damp

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
thanks jkl !

So I have chances that it will live :D

bonsaiTOM

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bougies are known for their unhappiness with root work and re-potting. They throw tantrums, pout, and shed leaves. They like being a bit root bound. And they don't like 'wet feet'.

Now go slow. Build up your feeding schedule. Give it good sunlight. It should recover in time. :)

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I thought I would wait a couple of days before posting back but it is not doing any better :(

only 3 or 4 leaves left and it is in full sun from 8 am till around noon

thanks for any advice

jferrier

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bougies are known for their unhappiness with root work and re-potting. They throw tantrums, pout, and shed leaves. They like being a bit root bound. And they don't like 'wet feet'.

Now go slow. Build up your feeding schedule. Give it good sunlight. It should recover in time. :)

Tom's right. Mine both dropped all their leaves after their last root prune, but came back after a couple weeks. Yours probably will too.

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really hope so!

Thanks for taking the time to answer

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have planted them in the landscape for years. They do not like their roots messed with. They will bounce back when they get settled.

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes it has been one month today and still not a single bud ! but it doesn't look dead. I am exposing it to more sun now

Top Bottom