Bougie moved from Tallahassee to Toledo

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
For my tropical peeps.

First time for repot of Bougie since the big move up North. Recommendations for timing of report? My gut says to hang tight until May/June. Thoughts?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thoughts?

Followed by..."on this"...
The quoted would receive that...

But just thoughts?

Tallahasse to Toledo sounds like a country song.
Like. .

Or..

I don't know how these songs pop in my head all the time but they do.

Some thoughts.

1 million posts?

Easy! I got 5 in it.

Sorce

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've been doing my tropicals in the summer for a few years with good luck in Ohio.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I learned...bougainvillea don't need a grow light inside to survive. A nice window...will do. But for bonsai...you will find winter you get longer internodes. Which you have to cut off come spring. So one step forward and three steps back at times. Sometime...look into a grow light I'd that bothers you. I have been very satisfied with mine under it. Only stuff removed is for design now. Winters...I let it grow out. It's fugly right now. lol

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Followed by..."on this"...
The quoted would receive that...

But just thoughts?

Tallahasse to Toledo sounds like a country song.
Like. .

Or..

I don't know how these songs pop in my head all the time but they do.

Some thoughts.

1 million posts?

Easy! I got 5 in it.

Sorce
@sorce... "...On this topic/subject" is implied, given the framework of this format. Subject and content might narrow it down. Having said that, here's this. The music posts are cool. It's been a long strange trip!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Winters...I let it grow out. It's fugly right now. lol

True dat! I got'cher fugly right here. Hairy winter legs, and still growing into her form.

This is the one that is teaching me patience.

I'll check out the grow light thing. Wasn't really a concern before now. @caddilactaste
IMG_20180316_215232427.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
True dat! I got'cher fugly right here. Hairy winter legs, and still growing into her form.

This is the one that is teaching me patience.

I'll check out the grow light thing. Wasn't really a concern before now. @caddilactaste
View attachment 181867
I have mine in a southern exposure and have grow lights, but that's just me. Maybe over compensating, but they do fine there and one is blooming, another about to.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You're just across the state, I think. Do you frequent a bonsai club? Perhaps a chance will arise for some face-to-face discussion.
Sadly no...the one 2 1/2 hours from me...meet in the evenings. But...I may pop into one of their shows this summer. Up near Cuyahoga falls I believe.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I set the cutoff at 50°F (or tropical storm/hurricane). That's when I brought it inside. Otherwise, it was on the porch.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
@sorce... "...On this topic/subject" is implied, given the framework of this format. Subject and content might narrow it down. Having said that, here's this. The music posts are cool. It's been a long strange trip!

You will never get anything on topic or relevant from Sorce. It's always incoherent babble but that's his place around here.

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yep hottest day of the year is the best day for bougs. Most of the "touchy" reputation is due to spring repots.
I'm sure you're right about the spring repots. Although, I think they're pretty touchy at other times as well. Mine just dropped leaves after cutting a few branches back. Seemed very healthy and growing very quickly at the time.

Top Bottom