Boxwood styling

Reaction score
Hi everyone there is this boxwood that i have bought around a year ago and I'm planning to turn it into raft style. So i'm looking for any ideas on what to do with it۲۰۲۰۰۷۰۸_۰۹۲۸۵۶.jpg۲۰۲۰۰۷۰۸_۰۹۲۶۵۴.jpg۲۰۲۰۰۷۰۸_۰۹۲۶۲۲.jpg
Sorry for the Poor quality of images

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
If you really want a raft style tree then go ahead.
Raft style is not as easy as it seems though. Relationship between all the new trunks and the raft trunk is critical to achieve a good result. I have tried a number of times with lackluster results. Personally I would shorten all the branches and work towards a really nice small upright bonsai.

Reaction score
Its not a raft.
yes it's not yet but i had bend that branch around a year ago trying to turn it into one but a little hesitated now.

Variegated?
Welcome to The Nut House!
yes it probably is and thanks.

If you really want a raft style tree then go ahead.
Well, not really but i thought it was the best route to take.
Personally I would shorten all the branches and work towards a really nice small upright bonsai.
Could you explain it a bit more? If i were to cut all those branches wouldn't the trunk be a little too thick for one branch?Do you think turning them into jins is a good idea?
and also thanks for your replies here are some better pictures.

{Date (YYMMDD)»#2.jpg{Date (YYMMDD)»#3.jpg
this how the behind look like:
{Date (YYMMDD)»#11.jpg
Overall look:
{Date (YYMMDD)»#9.jpg

Attachments

• {Date (YYMMDD)»#1.jpg
    {Date (YYMMDD)»#1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 3

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Reaction score
.......mmmmm.....zzzzzzz......pop-pop......sizzzzzzle..... error ........does not compute.......💥🔥💨
😅 Well i mean if i were to cut them it will become full of scars. Unless i try to turn them into jin and shari.
By the way just to make sure what i said didn't have grammatical mistakes right?

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
yes it's not yet but i had bend that branch around a year ago trying to turn it into one but a little hesitated now.

yes it probably is and thanks.

Well, not really but i thought it was the best route to take.

Could you explain it a bit more? If i were to cut all those branches wouldn't the trunk be a little too thick for one branch?Do you think turning them into jins is a good idea?
and also thanks for your replies here are some better pictures.

View attachment 314546View attachment 314548
this how the behind look like:
View attachment 314549
Overall look:
View attachment 314553
Perhaps your worried about the large chops atop the base looking bad.
If you pick a single main trunk to use there will be big chops. However the taper will come with new growth from your leader, and will eventually flow into a new single trunk like.

Multi trunk is what I picture first IMO.😏

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't believe there is such a thing as a variegated Kingsville. That would make the foliage a reflection of an unhappy plant. It is not a likely subject for a raft unless you'd be happy at 3" tall.

Reaction score
Here is a little update on the tree.
Before:
۲۰۲۰۰۷۰۸_۰۹۲۶۵۴.jpg
After:
۲۰۲۰۰۷۱۱_۱۴۳۰۵۵.jpg
I was using a knife to carve it so it's a little rough.
Maybe look for a multi trunk/clump. Cut back branch at left and ......maybe 🤙
Seems like a good idea although i think that left branch will through off the balance of the tree but i'll keep it for the time being.

Top Bottom