Brazilian Rain Tree Forest

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have suggested using BRT for forest material a few times in the past. I finally decided to put my money where my mouth is and I made one out of some small trees that have been grown from cuttings.

I made this 7 tree forest a couple of weeks ago and waited until they all seemed to get over the transplant shock which BRT do pretty quickly.

I am pretty happy with how it looks to start and am looking forward to developing these guys as time goes on.

2015_001_small.jpg

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Nice start but the composition is a little off. The big tree in the front should be back and to the left if your going for a left flow to the composition. Also since they are planted in a larger pot I would let some grow unchecked to get different girths to the trees as they are all pretty close in size atm. If you already had this in mind then don't mind me but pretty good start.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Aren't you bothered with the compound leaves being so 'long', or is there a way to just prune them to the first part of them? I've also collected 3 compound leaves tree's this year, but i'm afraid i won't like the size reduction of those leaves. (perhaps i'm going to use them for my "non-traditional DNA-bonsai/creation").

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Hey guys this baby is not even out of diapers. This is probably just for growing, judgeing the size of the pot. So in 5 years or so we can get specific on the design of the "then" forest. Will be interesting to see it grow. ( I have a similiar, but the trees are much bigger. Pics later if desired.)

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I like the pot and the start. Who has a finished project when the plunk the tree in it's first pot? Thumbs up!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Giga, the picture is deceiving. The first tree is further back from the front of the pot than it looks.

If you meant that it should be at the back of the composition then I disagree. Forests are done with the largest tree either at the front or the back. In this case, I preferred it at the front and smaller ones behind for perspective. This composition is modelled after the arrangement of Goshin with some slight variation.

Yes the plan is to let them grow, but one has to start somewhere. These trees were readily available to me at this size.

Cypress, I think the tiny leaflets are what makes BRT good for this. Yes the leaves are compound and individually long but the tiny leaflets counter that IMO.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
About a year ago she told me she had enough of the forum and wouldn't be posting anymore. Seems like she meant it.

Top Bottom