Brazilian Rain Tree has Pests

Reaction score
My Brazilian Rain Tree has white spots on topside of leaves and had small black flies on the new growth. I'm not sure what they are. How do I get rid of them?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My Brazilian Rain Tree has white spots on topside of leaves and had small black flies on the new growth. I'm not sure what they are. How do I get rid of them?
Can you post a picture? People will be able to give better advice if they can see what you're looking at.

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Aphids maybe. Could you give us more pictures, undersides of leaves, more zoom if you can, etc.? Any noticeable damage? The more pictures the better :)

August

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
50/50 alcohol water spray will kill them but it might be hard on the tree too.
An insecticidal soap mix will be fine on the tree but might not do anything to the critters... just so you have options 🤣

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks like dandruff to me, try Head and Shoulders. But for bugs like that I’d grab the malathion.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
to me, try Head and Shoulders. But for bugs like that I’d grab the malathion.
My "plantdruff" (not a real thing) turned out to be Thrips BTW. Hard to see even with a magnetifying glass. Just now recovering a month later and several treatments of napalm, got quite a few of my tropical plants, and I'm just walking out of the woods. OP looks like Aphids but if plantdruff is present it could be more.

1679197286705.png
1679197389888.png

Just speaking from pest expereince.

Attachments

• 1679197344391.png
    1679197344391.png
    601.2 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom