Brazilian Rain Tree - only growing well on the back of the tree??

Lücy$teve

Seed
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a relatively new member to caring for Bonsai Trees. And am using this as a resource to ask for some HELP!
I bought a well established Brazilian Rain Tree (~35 Years Old) and it was/is a gorgeous tree.

Obviously, through the shipping process (~800 miles via Truck) it went through some shock, as any tree would...
My tree lost most of its leaves. And as it would turn out i also over watered it, which required me to re-pot it.
I have gotten a growth light, special liquid fertilizer, even a couple bamboo shoots to help it out. The nitrogen fixing monocot helps out older plants and vise versa.
I took out the bamboo just for now to see if the tree bounces back without it.

Its been about a month now, and my tree seemed to be doing really well. Bounced back just fine. New soil worked well and i waited to fertilize about 2 weeks after i repotted it.

BUT! for some ODD REASON my tree seems ONLY to be growing well on one side (BACK SIDE). The grow light is directly above it so its not due to phototropism. I have googled almost everywhere and the only reason i can think of is that the roots are not established in the front of the tree. Since, the tree has grown and been established as a Shakan (slanted) style. This typically causes the trees to grow only on one side.

HOWEVER, It just looks like one side of the tree is alive and the other is dying. This is concerning to me so i am asking for some input on what may be causing my tree to be doing this? Has anyone elses BRT done this? I can post a picture if that helps. THANKS SO MUCH to whomever, who can provide some input as to why my tree is doing this??

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Half Crazy!

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
A photo would help. If you click on your Icon in the upper right corner and add your location, people can give advice customized to your climate.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
BUT! for some ODD REASON my tree seems ONLY to be growing well on one side (BACK SIDE). The grow light is directly above it so its not due to phototropism. I have googled almost everywhere and the only reason i can think of is that the roots are not established in the front of the tree. Since, the tree has grown and been established as a Shakan (slanted) style. This typically causes the trees to grow only on one side.

HOWEVER, It just looks like one side of the tree is alive and the other is dying. This is concerning to me so i am asking for some input on what may be causing my tree to be doing this? Has anyone elses BRT done this? I can post a picture if that helps. THANKS SO MUCH to whomever, who can provide some input as to why my tree is doing this??

Please post a picture.
It's a weird behaviour, and tell us where the tree is right now regarding its position and daily hours of sun.

Top Bottom