Brazilian Rain Tree Seeds (Pithecellobium / Chloroleucon Tortum)

Matija

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for BRT seeds. Specifically, I'm looking for the variety where the trunk flattens and deforms as it ages. I think the scientific name for this variety is Chloroleucon Tortum (formerly known as Pithecellobium Tortum), if that helps.

I've tried to source them from online seed sellers, but the ones that I've found that actually carry them seem to be out of stock.

Let me know if you are able to source them. I'm obviously willing to pay for them.

Best regards
Matija

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am also looking for some of these seeds. Perhaps this will bump it up a bit. I bought 5 seeds 3 years ago on eBay but can't find them now. Only one seed of the 5 germinated and it has grown beautifully. I am just starting to train it in a cascade style now.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So propagate through cuttings. It is what I am trying my hand at now.
I've done one very first successful air-layer this summer, already separated. And was told to try cuttings by a man called Dallas on Facebook, so I'm trying too...

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
It is possible to find seeds here in Brazil in small batches of 30 or so (they are a controlled species).
I have sent brt seeds to friends in Europe and the USA by mail with no issues, and they germinated ok. The only matter is the mail price, as they can't be sent as documents, and must be posted as products.Screenshot_20200621-144401_Mercado Libre.jpg

Top Bottom