Brazilian Rain Tree yellow leaf

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I purchased a BRT on Friday last week. It is in the house and I noticed a few yellow leaves on the tree. The tree is in a window facing the south and gets about 6 hours of indirect light. Water when needed but I did notice it was a little dry last night.

What could this be?

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I just have not gotten it out yet. The noghts are getting colder around 52 this morning so I thought to bring it in..

Iwill get it some more light and water.

reg-i

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
just remember they do like it on the dry side so not alot of water if it really needs water the leaves will be a little droopy

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I have a BRT that tends to shed it's older leaves now and then, they usually turn a bit yellow before they drop. What soil is it in?

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
It is in a Standad Bonsai mix the grower gave me. Not sur ethe exact mix though.
I let it dry out prior to watering.
There is only 3 sets of leaves that are yellow. the remaining are doiung fine

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've had my BRT since I started, and made plenty of rookie mistakes, and it has forgiven me every time. I wonder if you might want to give it some bottom heat to give the roots a bit of growing stimulus. I hope someone else can chime in on this as an idea, when a tree is repotted and is stressed out, sometimes bottom heat can be helpful. I use nursery heat mats. It does dry the tree out faster so you'll have to keep a close eye on it. Having said that, I don't think 3 yellow leaves constitute a crisis, I wouldn't worry until it shows you more symptoms than a few yellowing leaves. Maybe you should post a photo.

Top Bottom