Brazilian Rain Tree

Stubby

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hello all, I am a new member to the forum and am hoping I can get some informed insight. I just bought a Brazilian Rain Tree about a month ago and on the first day of spring, I repotted it from the grow pot it came in, trimming up about 25% of the roots. I made sure the soil was watered. In the last week and a half there have been yellowing of leaves and dropping off but there is still a lot of greenery - majority is still and healthy looking. However, in the last couple days some of the leaves have been drooping and closing up as if it were night. It is in a sunny location, on a wndowsill in a south facing window and it is moist but not overly wet. Is this just a natural consequence of stress because of repotting? Or, do I need to take any intervention steps? Any insight/advice would appreciated!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Is this just a natural consequence of stress because of repotting?
Probably. Most tropical's do better when repotted in the summer, when they are growing vigorously. Welcome to the forum! Any pictures?

Stubby

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Probably. Most tropical's do better when repotted in the summer, when they are growing vigorously. Welcome to the forum! Any pictures?
78FC082F-3FE9-4ECF-9169-ACCD91892757.jpeg

Attachments

• F287A6C6-56C3-4E21-9C6A-7527F1550EBD.jpeg
    F287A6C6-56C3-4E21-9C6A-7527F1550EBD.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 16
  • F2B052A8-9854-4F10-AAE0-FCC076F39D3E.jpeg
    F2B052A8-9854-4F10-AAE0-FCC076F39D3E.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 16

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Adding your location to your profile would get you the best advice for your location in the future. You might want to stick a wooden skewer in the soil, then you can monitor it's need for water. They don't like to dry out, but don't like being soggy either. It will most likely pout for awhile from the repot, then get happy again. Mine enjoy supplemental lighting. Looking forward to getting all my trees outside. Perhaps one the resident BRT experts will be along to give you their $.02.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
BRT are little diva's I find. Do Not LOOK at them.

Then again.. Once happy they grow.

I presume they grow in areas that are dry part of the year, and as such have a strong response to watershortage/roots

Stubby

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Adding your location to your profile would get you the best advice for your location in the future. You might want to stick a wooden skewer in the soil, then you can monitor it's need for water. They don't like to dry out, but don't like being soggy either. It will most likely pout for awhile from the repot, then get happy again. Mine enjoy supplemental lighting. Looking forward to getting all my trees outside. Perhaps one the resident BRT experts will be along to give you their $.02.
Thanks. I put my location in the “update my status” in the profile but it doesn’t appear to be updated. Is there another place to edit profile?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks. I put my location in the “update my status” in the profile but it doesn’t appear to be updated. Is there another place to edit profile?
Click on your username, then go to account details. THere you can edit it.
:)

Stubby

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thanks but I was there and the only thing it allows me to do is update the photo and enter a status update.

Top Bottom