Brazilian RainTree Ramification

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
My BRTs are starting to do well.
Quick question, what's the best way you guys have found to introduce some ratification?
Thanks!

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I thought it was as easy as that, but with the way this tree dies back, I thought there might be some other trick.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ramification. Let it grow and cut back. Plan your cuts allowing die back. You can shape the tree in the direction you want over time doing this. Just remember let say if you have 3 inch internodes and you cut just below the last internode you will get die back to the next internode 3 inches back. 3 inches is a lot just using that as an example.
On my flat top if I want the top thicker I let it grow 4 or 5 inches above the top and then cut. See picture. I give mine lots of food and water. They grow like crazy. Post a picture if you can. Love seeing the raintrees.
20160830_210208.jpg

Lobaeux

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
I think mine is still adjusting to the recent repot, but he gets plenty of water and plenty of sunshine.

The internodes aren't quite 3 inches, but they're fairly long. I think I might let it recover more before I prune it up a bit.

The planted be right there is growing faster than my Premna. I won't touch him until sometime next year.

Oh, the pic is just a tad lightened. It's sunny out, but no where to really take pics. I really do need to invest in some backgrounds.

Attachments

• IMG_3373.JPG
    IMG_3373.JPG
    361.7 KB · Views: 68

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The long internodes can be a problem.
Besides giving it as much light as possible, does anyone pinch them to shorten those?

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very cool looking tree. LOT'S of things you could do with it.

Top Bottom