Bricker918 2020-2025 azalea contest entry

Bricker918

Mame
Reaction score
Picked up this satsuki “ron kuzon” from a local nursery. 805D8682-2AB8-4DB8-BDA8-53F98F6FBCBD.jpeg
pulled the flowers and remaining buds, pruned, and re-potted in a pot my grandmother made in 1965 with some kanuma.
56926974-DEB1-4A38-AD9F-65D36DFCC8DE.jpeg
Hoping to get some buds pushing at the bend on the left trunk.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Welcome to the contest! Looks like you're off to a good start. Has it started to back bud yet?

Bricker918

Mame
Reaction score
Welcome to the contest! Looks like you're off to a good start. Has it started to back bud yet?
Thanks! Yes it is, it’s lagging behind my other azaleas but I’m seeing some bud starting to form. I looked up the cultivar and it’s a slow grower so I’m not too worried.

Bricker918

Mame
Reaction score
She’s poppin! They weren’t kidding when it was said this cultivar is a slow grower, I got a different cultivar the same day and did the same process and it’s been growing for about a month. This one might also be weak from the hack too. My plan is to leave it alone and see what happens next season.
E3DA2324-7BB4-491E-AD50-9F338AA79351.jpeg
ABAC14C7-B902-43C8-AB09-73085AA95259.jpeg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Spring is here and your azalea could be blooming (depending on your location) or starting to leaf out with this season’s flush……it’s time for updates!

I would also like to add at this time we have 3 prizes to award. Many thanks to @Forsoothe! and @Deep Sea Diver for donating. I am also donating a prize as well.

If you are no longer interested in continuing in the Azalea Contest, please let me know so we can close your thread, thanks.

Bricker918

Mame
Reaction score
Spring is here and your azalea could be blooming (depending on your location) or starting to leaf out with this season’s flush……it’s time for updates!

I would also like to add at this time we have 3 prizes to award. Many thanks to @Forsoothe! and @Deep Sea Diver for donating. I am also donating a prize as well.

If you are no longer interested in continuing in the Azalea Contest, please let me know so we can close your thread, thanks.
sorry I haven't responded sooner, life's been busy. I recently had to downsize and this one didn't make the cut, too slow of a grower. Wish I submitted the other azalea I picked dup the same day.

Top Bottom