Brightside Bonsai Unboxing review!

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I had the pleasure of receiving a package from our very own Robert McGinnis ( @BrightsideB ) and his Brightside Bonsai today. I have been eyeballing his wares ever since he opened his Etsy page, Brightside Bonsai 👈 After I purchased my little pot I sent him a message telling him I was a BNutter and he offered to throw in a couple of rooted juniper cuttings. AWESOME!!! So folks, here we go!

First off, I must say that his Etsy store is always stocked with fantastic pieces. Most of the pieces are very earthy natural colors and I dig that. I decided to go with a smaller 3 inch stoneware piece. I have been seeing a lot of mini forests being made this spring and I needed something to make one of my own in. I ordered on February 23rd and here it is on the 27th. Super fast shipping!
The packaging is very professional.
A5CC0AAA-7DD0-4D9A-8ADC-90308279B7FD.jpeg376FEFE2-7A60-4E71-B45E-5B2CEE678E37.jpeg
I love seeing little thank you cards in packages, it adds a very personal touch and makes for a very friendly and fun unboxing experience. Thank you Robert for the Itogawa cuttings!
ABDE60B8-30A1-48EF-82F8-DF8746046D9F.jpeg
0026874B-613C-4A28-BDD0-3470FB06DFA6.jpeg
The pot arrived in perfect condition thanks to the expert packing. It was well wrapped and packed in tight with the paper.E52B2E63-B281-4C59-BEA3-9C8885D7E6F5.jpeg

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The pot is fantastic! It’ll the pictures didn’t do it justice. It is well made with precision craftsmanship and you can tell there is a high level of attention to detail here. He even included a screen!
3D20C478-ED0B-4A86-8AA1-5A51067DE647.jpeg
F0F73431-E675-48B6-B0D2-F979342B771B.jpeg4BAE4AC2-F5DB-44F1-A57F-20C8A3D9D877.jpeg
FF3BE190-382E-470C-8F3E-0A7015AB4F3D.jpeg
I can’t say enough good things about Robert and his pottery. He is a super friendly guy as many of us already know. You can feel and see his passion for his work expressed into his pieces. His works are at the top of my list as far as quality. I cannot wait to place another order, the hardest part is choosing the next one!

Also I hope these make it, thank you again Robert!!
7C74705E-564C-4841-A22E-43ACF3E12A0F.jpeg

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The pot is fantastic! It’ll the pictures didn’t do it justice. It is well made with precision craftsmanship and you can tell there is a high level of attention to detail here. He even included a screen!
View attachment 474560
View attachment 474561View attachment 474562
View attachment 474564
I can’t say enough good things about Robert and his pottery. He is a super friendly guy as many of us already know. You can feel and see his passion for his work expressed into his pieces. His works are at the top of my list as far as quality. I cannot wait to place another order, the hardest part is choosing the next one!

View attachment 474565
I really appreciate the kind words and for sharing my work with others! It means a lot! I hope the pot serves you and your tree’s well!

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nice! I'm waiting to receive my pots from Brightside! Excellent write up for his site, and I agree! And Dang, I should've named dropped Bnut & got some sweet cuttings. :)
If I have something extra on hand I do throw in random free little things here and there as surprises! 😉 I can’t with every order but I do frequently and Matt said he wanted to do an unboxing so I wanted to thank him with some cuttings.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If I have something extra on hand I do throw in random free little things here and there as surprises! 😉 I can’t with every order but I do frequently and Matt said he wanted to do an unboxing so I wanted to thank him with some cuttings.
For the record I was just kidding. :)

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
View attachment 474560
View attachment 474561View attachment 474562
View attachment 474564

View attachment 474565

NICE pots!

Great work, bright side.

cmu268

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I had the pleasure of receiving a package from our very own Robert McGinnis ( @BrightsideB ) and his Brightside Bonsai today. I have been eyeballing his wares ever since he opened his Etsy page, Brightside Bonsai 👈 After I purchased my little pot I sent him a message telling him I was a BNutter and he offered to throw in a couple of rooted juniper cuttings. AWESOME!!! So folks, here we go!

First off, I must say that his Etsy store is always stocked with fantastic pieces. Most of the pieces are very earthy natural colors and I dig that. I decided to go with a smaller 3 inch stoneware piece. I have been seeing a lot of mini forests being made this spring and I needed something to make one of my own in. I ordered on February 23rd and here it is on the 27th. Super fast shipping!
The packaging is very professional.

I love seeing little thank you cards in packages, it adds a very personal touch and makes for a very friendly and fun unboxing experience. Thank you Robert for the Itogawa cutting

The pot arrived in perfect condition thanks to the expert packing. It was well wrapped and packed in tight with the paper.
Thanks for sharing this! Inspired me to go check it out last night and found a couple of pots that are already on their way to me :)

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks for sharing this! Inspired me to go check it out last night and found a couple of pots that are already on their way to me :)
Thank you for checking out my pots and ordering some! Only on Sundays I don’t ship same day. I make sure to get a receipt and turn in packages personally. I hope it makes it to you soon!

Top Bottom