Broken branch

TonysTrees

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What do you guys and gals use to repair a broken branch during the bending process? I've seen
"bonsai bond" advertised for sale but am unwilling to pay $14.00 plus shipping costs. Here in
eastern Kentucky there is nothing available for the bonsai hobby. Everthing I need I have to buy
online and pay shipping costs. Can I use "super glue" or the like? Or "gorilla glue"?

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

TonysTrees
Tony Waggoner

Roberts

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have used the Gorilla glue with good results. i tends to
Code:
expand, so keep that in mind and they make a clear otherwise it has a yellowish cast to it.

Robert

cubbie

Yamadori
Reaction score
i wrap the broken branch with that green gardening tape. kind of like an ace bandage!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
If you bundle it up as suggested with tape or super glue etc. you may get it to heal up the area that was damaged.

docs_bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
This sounds a little off the wall, but I use DOC FARWELL"S SEAL & HEAL. This product sticks to moist bark and fresh green cuts or injured limbs. Under most conditions dries in 30 minutes to form a long lasting, water resistant, elastic coating that stretches with new growth. Its lite green in color and you can apply any time of the year. The really neat thing about this stuff is that you can add water based coloring to it to match the bark. Cleans up with water and if you get on your cloths it comes right off in the washing machine. It’s almost like Elmer’s glue, but its better. Cool stuff, been using it for years. One bottle will last years and doesn't spoil. Look at your local nursery and ask if you can get it. If not I can help you get some...

Attachments

• CIMG2266.JPG
    CIMG2266.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey Tony,
It looks like you have been given a lot of ideas. When this happened to me recently (a small branch which didn't break off, just one side broke away), I just reached for carpenters wood glue and while holding it in place I wrapped with a twist tie then wrapped it again with a strip of inner tube.
Worked like a charm.
Gman

Top Bottom