Brown evergreen need help

Reaction score
I recently aquired an evergreen, and I am completely new to bonsai. While I am great with gardening, I respect the care and art that is unique to bonsai. This plant went brown almost immediately after bringing it home. I water as the soil dictates, and it has plenty of sun. There are no signs of disease or infestation, and the plant still seems to be alive, but I don't think it will last much longer. I could use some direction (beyond general tips) that could save this plant.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pictures would help. But if an evergreen plant is brown it is probably a goner.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, i'm also not that experianced, only in killing them, and brown is bad most of the time. You could mist it, or make a mini greenhousee, put it in more shade.

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Can't help with out pictures, species, type of soil, inside or outside and your location in your profile. Use your finger nail and nick a little on the trunk. If green then mist and carefully water, if brown then look at the roots and save the pot. Oh and welcome to the living art form know as madness.

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As everyone said more or less, without knowing the species it's kind of hard to tell :)

But welcome! :D

Top Bottom