BRT 1

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Cool trunk, nice gift! Should grow like a weed for you in FL.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Right on my friend!! :cool: Looks like a nice start. These are fun, tough and nearly bug free!!!:D

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I defoliated where there were buds ready to pop and the top growth are buds that just popped. Should fill in quickly, have to keep an eye on the wire this time.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Unsure about where I’m headed with this tree. I like it with the secondary trunk one second then I don’t the next. I’ll keep working on it, maybe it’s because the main trunk is so far ahead. What I do know is I’m going to have to grind down where those old branches were cut soon so the wounds can heal.

44D7F6FE-FE68-4856-87AA-5D760164EA3A.jpeg

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Where are it's leaves?

Also when you cut branches on BRT, you need to leave a 1/2 inch or more stump. There is always die back below the cut on BRT. Leaving the stump prevents dieback down the trunk. After it has died back, you can cut it flush.

Personally I'd get rid of the second trunk. It's too straight compared to the main trunk and doesn't fit

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
In the bin, it was asking to be defoliated. Leaves start going yellow here and there and will eventually start falling out so new leaves come out, defoliate and it speeds up the process. Second trunk might go eventually because I think you’re right, it doesn’t fit but worst case scenario it’s a sacrificial branch. The base has grown a bunch with it, I should probably just let it get long and grow wild to speed up the thickening and it’s eventually chop.

Top Bottom