BRT green crunchy leaves?

Reaction score
Did a quick style on my BRT tonight and noticed that some of the smaller leaves (darker green so i believe they are older growth) were crunchy... i cut them off to investigate further and they did have a noticeable crunch but did not crumble. At the folds of the crunches they turned a darker green showing that they still have moisture inside. Soil is not dry, nor has it ever been bone dry. i wait until the surface is dry and then water but there is moisture about 2-3 cm down. I gave it a drop of liquid fertilizer, Organic based Muskie 5-1-1 fish emulsion fert (recommended by the local nursery), mixed with water for the first time... would have been 3-4 days ago... Mother likes to have a wood fire going so the house normally has very low humidity so i give it the odd misting, maybe once a day. sometimes i skip a day. Last time i misted every day it started to turn yellow and drop leaves, i just got it so it could have been climatizing from its last home but don't know. i read in another thread that yellow crunchy is normal but green crunchy is really not good so not sure what to do. in a south facing window so it gets lots of morning sun until about 11-12 in the morning/afternoon. it has new growth so i don't believe its dying but i could be wrong.

are the leaves just getting to max maturity and need to shed? is it starting to die? help

other than this its looking fine af

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your tree is perfectly normal. The old leaves have to go when the new leaves coming out .
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom