BRT Question

killer370

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hello Everybody,

I got this Raintree at a nursery about a month ago, been keeping it inside and giving it plenty of sun, and putting it under a grow light when it's not sunny out. It lost most of its leaves when i first bought it, and i just recently moved it to the pot it's in now. It has a lot of new growth, but noticed that most of the new growth is turning yellow. Does this mean I'm not watering it enough? I've been watering it daily or every other day, usually when the soil is dry at the top, and i put my finger in about an inch too to make sure it's not wet there either.

Since it's been nice out and in the mid 60's i put it outside while it was sunny yesterday and the day before. I think some of the newest leaves got a little sunburnt, on one of the branches the leaves were white and crispy. Am i right in thinking it ws sun burn or is there something else going on that i should be aware of?

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 26

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is this 1 of 370!?

Welcome to Crazy!

Indoor leaves are almost completely useless outdoors. I (ficus) strip mine off for the moves in and out. Once a year. Anymore is working against they're ability to adapt to the new light, offering more opportunities to drop the tree, and wasting your time.

When it's over 50F, put em out once.
Below 50F, in once.

Sorce

killer370

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Haha if i got 370 trees, i think my girlfriend would kill me! Right now I only have 3!

So I should just leave the raintree inside until its a lot warmer out, and then take the leaves off when I move it outdoors? Makes sense that the indoor leaves dont work as well when they're getting the full brunt of the sun

Top Bottom