BRT REPOT?

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have a pre bonsai Brt I really think it's time for it to be repotted . I really think it's holding to much water even with me only watering 2 times a week an that's with me checking the soil befor watering it one side of the trunk looks like it's starting to rot and I have since moved it away from my humidifier I also have roots comeing up threw the soil not alot but a few and when I look at the bottom of the pot I can see roots circling what do you guys and girls think it lives in doors under a light in a window seal

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This (BRT) is not my area of expertise.

But all those "symptoms" would lead ME to believe that a repot is overdue.

But repotting, like EVERY other procedure, has to be planned, timed, and executed in the correct fashion..

So please answer a few follow-up questions.

What kind of soil/substrate does it live in now?

You said a portion of the trunk appears to be rotting... it is squishy? can it be moved/removed?

Where, in general, climate-wise, are you located? (this will make a difference for timing)

Does your tree live(plan on living) any period of the year outdoors?

Could it?

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This (BRT) is not my area of expertise.

But all those "symptoms" would lead ME to believe that a repot is overdue.

But repotting, like EVERY other procedure, has to be planned, timed, and executed in the correct fashion..

So please answer a few follow-up questions.

What kind of soil/substrate does it live in now?

You said a portion of the trunk appears to be rotting... it is squishy? can it be moved/removed?

Where, in general, climate-wise, are you located? (this will make a difference for timing)

Does your tree live(plan on living) any period of the year outdoors?

Could it?
It currently lives in what ever the nursery I got it from uses (only had the tree about 3 months) the trunk looks and feels wet still a light brown not full on rotting YET and is slightly squishey and no I would not want to remove it its not that bad yet and I do what it and it's brother to live out doors this spring/ summer but due to farmers spraying fields it won't tell u get a sealed green house I also live in Arkansas where it gets way to cold for it

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry for all those type o's I was tending to my kido as I was typeing

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Well might not of been the right time but I repotted it tonight an did some root trimming not much but some and got her potted in her new home in a much faster draining soil wish me luck I have a 2nd brt hopefully this one makes it threw but it not I can always get a cutting going

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Best of luck, I hope it makes it. I have only repotted BRT'S in the summer, when they are growing vigorously.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I would not repot unles it is actively growing and putting out new foliage. I repotted mine last July and it still silked for a month. You also need to edit your profile amd put on your location so we know whether you are in Brazil or Ottawa Canada. Location will be a big consideration.

Top Bottom