Brussel’s trip (not Belgium...)

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I had a job interview in north Mississippi this week, and I couldn’t not fit in a quick trip to Brussel’s. This was actually my first time seeing well-developed, much less specimen, bonsai. I was just blown away.

Pics or it didn’t happen, right?

Palmer67

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I've purchased a few trees from these guys and have been happy overall. Thanks for the pics!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice!

Hehe, I get your
I was just blown away.
Its what happened to me when I first went to a big show and saw what could really be done in bonsai. Back home, I tossed/donated/sold most of what I was growing. Still get that gut-reflex after seeing a good show.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nope. One is a nursery the other a country. Why would there be confusion?

I think he was joking about how some people might think Brussels is a country of its own, and not a part of Belgium. The title eludes to this possible confusion between Brussels the city, and Brussels nursery.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW, this is why getting out and actually SEEING good bonsai is probably THE best thing you can do to advance. Staying at home and doing and seeing bonsai only on the 'net is very limiting.

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
FWIW, this is why getting out and actually SEEING good bonsai is probably THE best thing you can do to advance. Staying at home and doing and seeing bonsai only on the 'net is very limiting.
That couldn’t be more true. I’ve always liked the look of forests, for example, but had only seen them in pictures. Seeing a large, well-executed forest in person and up close...it feels like you can step into another world. It’s sublime.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Wasn’t sure how that would work with airport security.
I brought home a small tree from Florida. I got some plastic wrap and some bubble wrap from the dollar store, wrapped the pot in the plastic wrap to keep the soil in, and put it in a bag with some bubble wrap around it. I just had to lay it on it's side to go through the scanner, and carried it on the plane. No problem. It was my husband's "personal item." ;)

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The contrast between the highly refined trees and mallsai ginseng ficus is striking. My guess is they make more money with the ginseng ficus.

pback

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Visit number two (of probably many) today. This time I did leave with a couple new friends. I guess a nice thing about picking them out yourself is that not only can you get exactly what you’re looking for but can also look for some that are juuuuuust about to graduate to the next price point :p

Japanese maple

Trident maple

Top Bottom