BSSF Zoom Demo on Deciduous Bonsai -- March 11th

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I was looking at the March newsletter for REBS and saw a familiar face.
Screenshot_20210303-084737.png

Looks like our very own @MACH5 will be doing a demo for the Bonsai Society of San Francisco on Thursday March 11th. I hope you don't mind me calling you out, Sergio! I'm going to try to tune in.

Here's the Zoom info:

Full Zoom info:

Topic: BSSF March 11th

Time: Mar 11, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/94965746129?pwd=MU1GbFg3bzd5TzhQWGhjTTdaRjdvQT09

Meeting ID: 949 6574 6129

Passcode: 993265

Cory

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I didnt know Sam was making the link public. Did you check with him? Maybe im wrong.

But I am looking forward to seeing it as well!
It was included in the REBS newsletter. So it seems it wasn't just for BSSF. There wasn't anything indicating that it was a private affair.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
It was included in the REBS newsletter. So it seems it wasn't just for BSSF. There wasn't anything indicating that it was a private affair.
Fair enough. Like I said I may be wrong, but I thought some of the past ones were members only. Guess not!

The more the merrier.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Yes, I believe the meeting is open to anyone outside the club for free. Policies seem to vary from club to club as far as inviting others to participate.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a demo. Meaning me styling a tree. This will be a powerpoint presentation where I will talk about my trees and their development. I am also presenting a few case studies on techniques such as root grafting, etc. Spoiler alert! If you are familiar with my work here, then you will be familiar with what I will be presenting 😊

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes, I believe the meeting is open to anyone outside the club for free. Policies seem to vary from club to club as far as inviting others to participate.

Just to be clear, this is NOT a demo. Meaning me styling a tree. This will be a powerpoint presentation where I will talk about my trees and their development. I am also presenting a few case studies on techniques such as root grafting, etc. Spoiler alert! If you are familiar with my work here, then you will be familiar with what I will be presenting 😊
Dont forget the Ume!

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b

Thanks for clarifying. Look forward to seeing your presentation!

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

I guess it is good to set the expectation low so audience don't expect that you will be pulling a rabbit out of your sleeve.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I guess it is good to set the expectation low so audience don't expect that you will be pulling a rabbit out of your sleeve.

I don't always perform magic tricks, but when I do I always pull the rabbit out of the hat... not the sleeve!

Stay magical my friends! 😜

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

CAN'T WAIT!!!

sfmax

Seed
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am with with the BSSF club, and this is indeed a meeting for the BSSF members and REBS members. With the shelter-in-place, we have made a point of organizing zoom meetings to support both our members and bonsai artists, and we are excited to host Sergio next week.

In the past, we have opened the meetings to anyone who hears about it, but we have never advertised on this forum.

We are happy to have anyone join, but I just wanted to mention that our Zoom account limits us to 100 participants.

In the unlikely case where we reach this limit, we will kindly request that non-members drop-off the make room for our members. We have never reached the limit, so hopefully it won't get to that.

As you can imagine, our members are very excited about the presentation from Sergio, and I want to make sure they do not miss it.

Hoping to see you guys next week.

Thanks!
Max

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This was a GREAT presentation!

To listen to Sergio talk about and show pictures of his garden was very inspiring. He then talked about and showed pictures of how he developed several of his trees over the past decade, answering our questions about all things bonsai as part of the discussion. Only thing that would have made it better was doing it with all of us in person. Maybe next time :)

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
This was a GREAT presentation!

To listen to Sergio talk about and show pictures of his garden was very inspiring. He then talked about and showed pictures of how he developed several of his trees over the past decade, answering our questions about all things bonsai as part of the discussion. Only thing that would have made it better was doing it with all of us in person. Maybe next time :)

Hey thanks Gary! Glad you enjoyed. You guys were an excellent audience. Still trying to get used to doing things virtually as I find it so much easier in person but that's where we are. Lots of great questions and you guys kept me on my feet all the way til 1am! 🤪🥱

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh man! Why didnt i see this before... id have loved this..

Top Bottom