BT bandwidth?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Now wait just a darn minute pilgrem , I've started TWO new threads in the last few days !!!!! Does that mean I can or can't whine about inane conversations on a bonsai forumn that is dedicated to furthering the art of bonsai ?

BTW , Al , I have posted stuff on BT , BI , even Bonsaisite and none of them felt quite like home , disfunctional as it is

I think it does. "Can" that is. The whining threads get the most "hits".:rolleyes:

I posted some recent bonsai stuff in mini bonsai just to keep things a little on track.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
I posted some recent bonsai stuff in mini bonsai just to keep things a little on track.

Kinda funny, you posted trees, Walter updates my Juniper post BUT nobody says anyting about actual work on trees....just want to bitch about bandwidth on another forum??? I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go around! :)

Back to work on trees....atleast for me :)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go around! :)

Yes it does, including the type who has nothing better to do than to post on a subject that they think is unworthy to post on. ??? (Keep bumping it)

Always working on my trees......In fact, over the last few years I have always said that people should spend less time on-line and more time on-trees.

Another note, I seem to be the only loud mouth on the forums who entered the AoB Awards and I have personally posted two trees for public ridicule over the last week. Trees, I might add, that I am creating from scratch and which were not styled by visting masters, just my own humble attempts.

I not only talk, I walk. ;)

Will

Last edited:

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Always working on my trees......In fact, over the last few years I have always said that people should spend less time on-line and more time on-trees.

I agree 100%, that is why I have not been as active on the forums...would rather be doing!

Another note, I seem to be the only loud mouth on the forums who entered the AoB Awards and I have personally posted two trees for public ridicule over the last week. Trees, I might add, that I am creating from scratch and which were not styled by visting masters, just my own humble attempts.

Will

I saw your trees you posted....no real replies to them. I haven't looked at the AoB awards yet to see what you entered, I will go look at all the entries though.
Just so you know, my big juniper, while Walter was here I had 1-1/2 days doing the work while Walter had maybe 20 minutes of work on it. If you know Walter and his style of teaching he is not hands on. He wants you to learn and build the confidence, which is good. He doesn't like to style others trees. Since I am his only AMerican student he did do some fine tuning at the end to teach me some things. So, to correct you, I styled this tree under Walters watchful eye.

Now back to work on trees, :)

Jason

Reaction score
USDA Zone
if that is a cheap stab at jase, not only is it not true but very uncool will. not fair to either jason or walter.

Nope, just a cheap stab at those who take all credit for others work. I personally like the big Juniper of Jason's and there is little doubt that I consider Walter to be one of the most creative minds in bonsai.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I saw your trees you posted....no real replies to them. I haven't looked at the AoB awards yet to see what you entered, I will go look at all the entries though.

I like posting new things I am working on, other than the same old ones seen before. With my short time in bonsai, I mostly have works in progress. I haven't a chance in Hades of placing in the Awards, but I firmly believe that having your tree scored by four respected artists can do no harm at all, except to one's ego. ;) Posting trees just to say "look what I did" and posting them for profession review is two completely different things indeed.

BY the way, next spring I maybe in your area, time for a shopping spree perhaps?

Will

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It is actually true that Jason has done 99.9 % of the work on this juniper himself.Under my guidance part of t time, yes. But it is his work. It is perfectly OK if Jason claims this juniper to be HIS work.

BTW Jason, you are not my only student in America. You are the only one with whom I have one to one sessions on a regular basis at the moment. I have hundreds of students in America. It is my style of teaching to make the teacher superfluous. I try to bring folks to do what they basically can do themselves and I try NOT to tie them to me as teacher. I try to not touch my student's trees if I can get away with this.

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
I like posting new things I am working on, other than the same old ones seen before. With my short time in bonsai, I mostly have works in progress. I haven't a chance in Hades of placing in the Awards, but I firmly believe that having your tree scored by four respected artists can do no harm at all, except to one's ego. ;) Posting trees just to say "look what I did" and posting them for profession review is two completely different things indeed.

BY the way, next spring I maybe in your area, time for a shopping spree perhaps?

Will

I too have been in the game for a short time and don't really have anything that I consider to be show worthy today so I didn't enter. But in a few years, yes I will enter the AoB and KoB contests for sure. I agree that having trees crituqed by 4 judges of note is a great thing and one can learn from it. By all means, I would love to have you come by when you are out this way.....you are more than welcome! Heck, I might even throw a few really good deals your way ;)

It is actually true that Jason has done 99.9 % of the work on this juniper himself.Under my guidance part of t time, yes. But it is his work. It is perfectly OK if Jason claims this juniper to be HIS work.

BTW Jason, you are not my only student in America. You are the only one with whom I have one to one sessions on a regular basis at the moment. I have hundreds of students in America. It is my style of teaching to make the teacher superfluous. I try to bring folks to do what they basically can do themselves and I try NOT to tie them to me as teacher. I try to not touch my student's trees if I can get away with this.

Thank you for clearing that up Walter! I will say, that while most of the work is mine, I could have never done it with out your guidance! This will always be our tree and I will always mention your name in the same sentence.

Others need to sign you up for one to one study sessions..... you should offer this on your website and I can try to spread the word....the best way to learn in a short period of time!!! Thanks so much for all you have done for me and my trees!

Regards, Jason

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
IPosting trees just to say "look what I did" and posting them for profession review is two completely different things indeed.

But I thought that was the idea of posting trees here. Maybe not for critique by pros but at least for review by other workers , either ameture or pro. At least thats why I post , hopping for help out here in the desert where there are no pros within 500+ miles.

See , now we're actually discussing something worthwhile.

BTW , Walter , if you read this I'll put you up any time you want to visit no mans land.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Will
I was going to enter two or three but they placed in the top thirty last time so I couldn't enter them this time. Maybe next year when they will be another year better.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was going to enter two or three but they placed in the top thirty last time so I couldn't enter them this time. Maybe next year when they will be another year better.

You must have more than two or three? ;)

Look forward to next year!

Will

Top Bottom