Building a rock formation

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
I have started building another rock formation/penjing. This one is a fair bit larger. Any suggestions on what colour to make this? I have a few ideas but am undecided.View attachment 182952

I would stick dozens of tie down wire into the foam before you cover with the thinset so they are already ready to go. You can just trim off any you don't need.

herzausstahl

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That looks really awesome. If not red lava, what about sand to give a beach feel? My only word of caution on the waterfall based on my ponds, is don't run the falls outside on a day your not home. It seems to have a decent amount of splash, which coupled with sun & wind could lead to a lot of water loss. So just be sure to run it on a day your home. Would gate for it to run dry & burn out your pump.

Beanwagon

Chumono
Reaction score
That looks really awesome. If not red lava, what about sand to give a beach feel? My only word of caution on the waterfall based on my ponds, is don't run the falls outside on a day your not home. It seems to have a decent amount of splash, which coupled with sun & wind could lead to a lot of water loss. So just be sure to run it on a day your home. Would gate for it to run dry & burn out your pump.

I removed the laca rock already and replaced with moss. Definitely will only use the waterfall when i am there to watch it haha. I am still not sold on it yet. I am still playing around with it to see if i can make it look better. I may abandon the waterfall All together.

Michaelb

Sapling
Reaction score
Wauw really awesome! Never seen something like this before!
Not a big fan of the little man statue but all the rest i really like!!

Top Bottom