Building a wet slab bonsai pot

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
And so it begins…….another season of pots! Not sure why I picked such a big one to start off with but here it is. This is 21” wide and for my pot breaking wisteria.

5F1D8076-9616-4FA6-B861-FF483A9A7C28.jpeg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
And so it begins…….another season of pots! Not sure why I picked such a big one to start off with but here it is. This is 21” wide and for my pot breaking wisteria.

View attachment 458978
You're early this season? I'll probably start up in a couple of weeks. Will you be at Jim's open house this Saturday? I'll be there all day.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
You're early this season? I'll probably start up in a couple of weeks. Will you be at Jim's open house this Saturday? I'll be there all day.
I won’t be there but Les is taking my ROR trident down for sale

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So this is a new design I'm playing with this year. I like ovals but want to modify the shape for something a little different. Introducing some vertical lines in the mix could help. Below are templates for the footprint of the pot. They are created by folding a sheet of paper twice to make four equal quadrants. A line is drawn to define the oval and then another line is added to define a scallop which will be cut out with scissors. The two drawing have the scallop drawn in opposite directions. Each will create a different feel for the finished 3-D pot.

IMG_1331.jpegIMG_1332.jpeg

These four pots were created with two different footprints and two different ribs.

IMG_1323.jpegIMG_1324.jpegIMG_1325.jpegIMG_1326.jpeg

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So this is a new design I'm playing with this year. I like ovals but want to modify the shape for something a little different. Introducing some vertical lines in the mix could help. Below are templates for the footprint of the pot. They are created by folding a sheet of paper twice to make four equal quadrants. A line is drawn to define the oval and then another line is added to define a scallop which will be cut out with scissors. The two drawing have the scallop drawn in opposite directions. Each will create a different feel for the finished 3-D pot.

View attachment 460496View attachment 460497

These four pots were created with two different footprints and two different ribs.

View attachment 460501View attachment 460502View attachment 460503View attachment 460504
Very nice!

Reaction score

View attachment 460496View attachment 460497

View attachment 460501View attachment 460502View attachment 460503View attachment 460504
Wow your work is fantastic. You should have a class so I can take it lol. I love how you use the foam insulation. Id be very interested in learning how you make them. Have a great day and keep up the great work

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Wow your work is fantastic. You should have a class so I can take it lol. I love how you use the foam insulation. Id be very interested in learning how you make them. Have a great day and keep up the great work
Thank you! You should read post #351

Top Bottom