Building a wet slab bonsai pot

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Any update on this Pitoon? Have you fired this?
Negative. When I got it home I put it in a damp box and there it sat. It's probably bone dry now so I'll have to rehydrate it to touch it up. I will fired once I get the next batch ready to fire. What Standard # was this clay again?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Negative. When I got it home I put it in a damp box and there it sat. It's probably bone dry now so I'll have to rehydrate it to touch it up. I will fired once I get the next batch ready to fire. What Standard # was this clay again?
Rehydration can be extremely risky business!! I don’t advise that. Standard #182

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Soooo, I seen you sell a few pots here, but... do you have a "store"/"website"? I have been buying a few pots and would like to see what you have/will have available.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Soooo, I seen you sell a few pots here, but... do you have a "store"/"website"? I have been buying a few pots and would like to see what you have/will have available.
Right now I have nothing available. Natures Way has a number of my pots for sale but I can’t tell you what. I make a post here in the spring selling what I’ve made over the winter. The reason for all the big pots is that I need a few for my own trees. In the spring I’ll choose the ones I want and sell the others. What I don’t sell here goes to Natures Way.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I will keep an eye out... My bald cypresses are getting huge. LOL

Here?

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Not a bad problem to have my friend.
Yes…… but it makes the old meter spin and wears on those coils. I have yet to change the coils since I bought the L&L kiln in 2014. I’ve never done a change and not looking forward to doing it. I hate wires unless they get wrapped around a branch. 😁

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

Here?
I do commissions if you want something specific.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Here?
I highly recommend his pots, they're beautifully made.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
First kiln load out. Couldn’t resist posting the new purple. This was a test pot. The big one in the next load. @Carol 83 I think this one might be too big for you. 12” x 8-1/2” inside dimension.

View attachment 468074View attachment 468075
That glaze is cool and all but I really like what you've done with the pot form on this one. Nice shape/design.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This is a copy of an antique pot that I found interesting enough to make a new one. Not my usual MO. I altered the proportions a bit. The geometry of the pot didn't lend itself to my current technique so a hybrid process was used. WHAT A PITA!!! It's a little busy looking but I think I have a tree for it. Might try a fake soda firing.

IMG_1418.jpegIMG_1282.JPG

Top Bottom