bunjin juniper

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Mighty fine! Excellent creative eye. The pruning, clipping, Shari and wiring you did made a huge difference in the tree....well done!

If you get a chance....snap a couple photos of the base. It looks very interesting.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Very nice work, Michael. I really like what you've done with this. I wonder if you could please point out where the grafts were done? I was thinking that I'd for sure be able to see something with the shari you made, but it looks like the same grain to me. Truly the sign of some good work when the grafts are undetectable.

Scott

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Very nice work, Michael. I really like what you've done with this. I wonder if you could please point out where the grafts were done? I was thinking that I'd for sure be able to see something with the shari you made, but it looks like the same grain to me. Truly the sign of some good work when the grafts are undetectable.

Scott

Scott, They were done about 5 years ago and I think there were about 8 all together,
I can only see 2 in this pic.
cuj.PNG

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful line. Would like to see that crown reduced a little and more refined to match those lower branches.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Beautiful line. Would like to see that crown reduced a little and more refined to match those lower branches.
Good point. You made me take a second look at the crown....good eye you have.

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The deadwood was a good addition. Are you going to lime sulfur it? What about brushing the live vein to make the red pop out? I always thing of craggy bark with bunjin.

Top Bottom