BVF 2020-25 Azalea Contest Entry

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Well then, lucky azalea! Its got a lot to live up to but certainly looks like its got potential so enjoy and good luck.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well, this entry sure tapped out. I have cuttings from @Mellow Mullet I could enter, but they’re more than 5 years out from a bonsai pot.
Give the cuttings a try or stop at home depot and find yourself one with a nice trunk to start with. I picked up 7 azaleas from homedepot for $6.88 each on sale 50% off. I've been slowing cutting each one down.

20200519_202940.jpg20200519_202921.jpg

Harunobu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Haha, now I definitely don't want to 'lose' to an azalea that was literally thrown out of the back of a pickup truck, and left for dead in a ditch on the side of the road, by a bunch of garden mobsters.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm just now noticing this contest, if that's what it is? Can someone point me to the rules? I get the gist of it I think, not a bonsai, but turn into one in 5years?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm just now noticing this contest, if that's what it is? Can someone point me to the rules? I get the gist of it I think, not a bonsai, but turn into one in 5years?

@JudyB here you go...… rules

Yes, start with a nursery plant to convert into a bonsai within 5yrs

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So sorry Brian, there’s actually no need for you to respond if you choose not to.

I piggybacked on the thread to ask for some quick information on the type of media folks use for their Azalea Bonsai.

The purpose is the provide information for an overhaul of the evergreen azalea resource I posted earlier.

Hopefully over the years, with help of the experienced folks here, it will evolve be a really good comprehensive free resource.

Regrets
DSD sends

Top Bottom