Cabe's Little Christmas Tree Entry

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awww, here I thought I would be the only one to end up with rosemary lol. Going to be interesting to see how this goes. Good luck

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hmm. Not looking good. Apparently I do not know how to take care of rosemary. I'm not sure if it is too much or not enough water.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Im going to guess too little? Mine really was in the worst soil you can imagine. It was as if the plant was put in a empty container then just some loose soil was poured on top and called it a day. Did you repot it when you first got it?

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
It looks really loose in the pot, but that may just be my eyes deceiving me. If so, it needs a good soaking. They don't mind it dry, but not necessarily the dry heat inside a house. They’re outdoor plants so if it’s not possible to get it outside at the moment then keep it away from radiators at least. Good luck!

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Did you repot it when you first got it?

No, it's really not the time of the year for repotting.

It looks really loose in the pot, but that may just be my eyes deceiving me. If so, it needs a good soaking. They don't mind it dry, but not necessarily the dry heat inside a house.

I did pull it out the other day to look at the roots. They actually seemed fine and I thought the soil moist. I watered it good last night and I'll keep an eye on it to see if there's any recovery but I'm not expecting there to be.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

It's dead, Jim. Apparently I need to learn more about rosemary. All but one small trunk died so I did a repot over the weekend as a last ditch effort and that pushed it over the edge.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

It's dead, Jim. Apparently I need to learn more about rosemary. All but one small trunk died so I did a repot over the weekend as a last ditch effort and that pushed it over the edge.
I got the bright idea one year to take the rosemary out of my herb garden, put it in a pot and bring it inside for the winter. It didn't last long either.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Dont feel too bad. Mines barely holding on aswell. I think if these had any chance of making it they needed out of that soil as soon as possible.

Top Bottom