Caitlin Elm from Jason Schley...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Can't believe I can't find a thread on this tree. Notice foliage pushing new growth today. Came I believe...sometime last year. Seen it on a news clip where they did an article on his bonsai nursery. Those roots pulled me in and I screenshot the clip and asked him about it. 6" from soil line.
20210227_160913.jpg

20210227_160204.jpg

brentwood

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very cool, and that stand works great with it

B

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
My very first bonsai was a Catlin elm over 40 years ago. A gift from my father in law who was a frind and club member with John Catlin, the discoverer of the cultivar. That first tree is long gone but the passion it sparked is going strong.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My very first bonsai was a Catlin elm over 40 years ago. A gift from my father in law who was a frind and club member with John Catlin, the discoverer of the cultivar. That first tree is long gone but the passion it sparked is going strong.
Wow, thanks for sharing that. Sad to hear it is gone...but glad, your passion is still there. An amazing species to work with. I think elm flew under my radar for a bit. The foliage on this is a dream.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Let's take this one outside 2D.

It's always the last to shed leaves. Not concerned...trees tend to know what to do. 😉

Top Bottom